Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nate Oats and Alabama

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Howard out at Michigan. Do they make a play to bring in Oats?

Will be interesting to see if he’s a candidate and if they could pull him away from Bama.  Didn’t realize how bad Michigan’s season was at 8-24.

Bama’s path to a potential SEC title just got some help as 9 seed Miss St upset 1 seed Tennessee.  Gotta love March Madness. 

20 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Will be interesting to see if he’s a candidate and if they could pull him away from Bama.  Didn’t realize how bad Michigan’s season was at 8-24.

Bama’s path to a potential SEC title just got some help as 9 seed Miss St upset 1 seed Tennessee.  Gotta love March Madness. 

If the bag of cash is big enough and he still has a lot of family there, he will trade in his red and back to blue. His money stretches further in Alabama though, so the Michigan sack will need to be bigger.

Also, with Saban gone, does the Alabama mystique wear off a little? Should be a fun offseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UBinMD said:

Was this just posted? If so, Michigan no doubt made a phone call. Top 5 in the country? That seems a bit bold, but good for him.

Yep. Had to figure Michigan came calling. Maybe even Louisville. Can’t imagine what the buyout number is now.

35 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

If I was a betting man I would say $5 million 

Nate Oats buyout

Oats’ contract states his buyout is set at $12 million if he leaves before March 15 — which could be a major deterrent for potential suitors for his coaching services. The second season of his contract has a $10 million buyout, with the third season set at $7 million.

This was before the extenstion

37 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Nate Oats buyout

Oats’ contract states his buyout is set at $12 million if he leaves before March 15 — which could be a major deterrent for potential suitors for his coaching services. The second season of his contract has a $10 million buyout, with the third season set at $7 million.

This was before the extenstion

I guess I would have lost that bet. Alnutt should have put in $12 million since that contract only lasted 3 days 

• Haha 1

My goodness no way UB Bulls can ever run with schools like Alabama. Too even think that was possible was naivety at its finest with UB alums, Danny White and New York Bulls like that was going to make us Alabama total naivety at it’s finest in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

6 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Bama down 22 to Florida in the SEC quarters.  Guess it doesn’t matter much as they’ll still get to go dancing most likely 

Hopefully he agreed to the money first. Sometimes it’s harder to be the group with a target on your back.

I think with all of the talk of Oats rumblings of what power school he could go to next, were just put to rest a bit. Fact is, he’s in the SEC which is arguably the most desirable conference to be in still. Also, Alabama’s recruiting class ranks 6th in 2024 per 24/7 sports. Alabama is all in on Oats and clearly wants to be more than a football school. So, unless Oats fails miserably, he isn’t leaving there anytime soon.

14 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

My goodness no way UB Bulls can ever run with schools like Alabama. Too even think that was possible was naivety at its finest with UB alums, Danny White and New York Bulls like that was going to make us Alabama total naivety at it’s finest in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

No. NY Bulls was an attempt to raise UB's profile. But locals are allergic to anything ambitious.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

No. NY Bulls was an attempt to raise UB's profile. But locals are allergic to anything ambitious.

It's the best thing about buffalo but it's also the worst thing

Im also not sure if ambitious is the right word to describe what I know you are saying though