Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfer Portal

bulls2684

8 minutes ago, SIP said:

Maybe you should ask the head coach to tell you he truth. He is far from a quitter. 

If I think I would get the real answer, I would but nobody can tell the truth anymore. It was just a bizarre situation. Go into the Maryland game, get #41 which is a great honor. I talked to some of Logic's family in the concourse and then gone, stricken from the roster. I hope he does great wherever he ends up. I don't envy anybody in college football right now. It's an absolute shit show. All of these team jockeying for position for what? A national championship? That's laughable. There are maybe 10 legitimate teams that will have a chance to win a national championship, mainly because of how the cards are stacked, but that is the truth. I'm honestly shocked TCU didn't get screwed out of a spot so that Alabama would be back there again. So for the other 125 teams they are just looking for the level of mediocrity that sits well enough with the fan bases and boosters to keep the money flowing.

10 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

If I think I would get the real answer, I would but nobody can tell the truth anymore. It was just a bizarre situation. Go into the Maryland game, get #41 which is a great honor. I talked to some of Logic's family in the concourse and then gone, stricken from the roster. I hope he does great wherever he ends up. I don't envy anybody in college football right now. It's an absolute shit show. All of these team jockeying for position for what? A national championship? That's laughable. There are maybe 10 legitimate teams that will have a chance to win a national championship, mainly because of how the cards are stacked, but that is the truth. I'm honestly shocked TCU didn't get screwed out of a spot so that Alabama would be back there again. So for the other 125 teams they are just looking for the level of mediocrity that sits well enough with the fan bases and boosters to keep the money flowing.

Yes! I remember speaking with you. You gave us your card.  He is a hard working humble young man and a true team player,  who was bleeding blue through and through.  He had no other choice, either play hurt or leave.  For people to assume that he just wanted to jump ship; they are totally incorrect.  Some people are too quick to judge but don't know the true story. 

Thank you for the well wishes.  

28 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Worst kept secret of the season.

Maybe you should ask the head coach to tell you he truth. He is far from a quitter. 

1 minute ago, SIP said:

Yes! I remember speaking with you. You gave us your card.  He is a hard working humble young man and a true team player,  who was bleeding blue through and through.  He had no other choice, either play hurt or leave.  For people to assume that he just wanted to jump ship; they are totally incorrect.  Some people are too quick to judge but don't know the true story. 

Thank you for the well wishes.  

Playing hurt should not even be part of the equation and I am sorry that was his reality. I liked his game a lot and he was one of our most highly rated recruits when he originally signed. Hopefully he find a good home and a place that allows you to see him play. Best of luck and wish him my best as well.

1 hour ago, SIP said:

That part! Maybe UB as a whole would have won a lot more games if their players weren’t forced to play hurt due to the HC being under pressure knowing his job is on the line. Check on y’all sons conditions and stop worrying so much about a player that for one is NONE of your concern and for two did what was best for HIM for once..Contrary to popular belief his team is in FULL support of his decision because they know what goes on behind closed doors..He was just man enough to step up and speak even though he knew the backlash he would face..Ex a bunch of people who probably never touched a football in their life on a website talking shit with ZERO first hand knowledge so I decided to jump on real quick to school you. 

Yes he was honored wearing #41 he played his ass off during that game..If you were there you heard his name the whole game.. Ask yourself why would he all of a sudden disappear after earning such an honor..smh Keep pushing your false narratives and share his YouTube link while you’re here! 

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I'm honestly shocked TCU didn't get screwed out of a spot so that Alabama would be back there again. So for the other 125 teams they are just looking for the level of mediocrity that sits well enough with the fan bases and boosters to keep the money flowing.

Barring a blowout loss they were in.  If not they would have to jump Alabama over Ohio State, to avoid an all SEC and an all Big Ten semi final (rematch) set up.  How do you jump Alabama over Ohio State when neither team played?

Speaking of rematches, with the Big Ten getting rid of divisions, do they really want Ohio State - Michigan on back to back weekends?

On 11/14/2022 at 2:47 PM, ChubbyHubby said:

I agree with this.  I just refuse to wish a team mate well if he quits on his team during a season.  The competitor in me wants him collecting splinters.

You sure do have a lot to say. Did he take your sons starting spot? Or is it that time of the month and you’re emotional ? Either way cheer up Chub he gonna be good..so will you when you get that hate out your heart..lol Wow 

46 minutes ago, 410MD said:

That part! Maybe UB as a whole would have won a lot more games if their players weren’t forced to play hurt due to the HC being under pressure knowing his job is on the line. Check on y’all sons conditions and stop worrying so much about a player that for one is NONE of your concern and for two did what was best for HIM for once..Contrary to popular belief his team is in FULL support of his decision because they know what goes on behind closed doors..He was just man enough to step up and speak even though he knew the backlash he would face..Ex a bunch of people who probably never touched a football in their life on a website talking shit with ZERO first hand knowledge so I decided to jump on real quick to school you. 

Yes he was honored wearing #41 he played his ass off during that game..If you were there you heard his name the whole game.. Ask yourself why would he all of a sudden disappear after earning such an honor..smh Keep pushing your false narratives and share his YouTube link while you’re here! 

I was at the game and he did play a great game, which is what made it very puzzling to all of us and the radio silence all around was deafening. If there is a YouTube link explaining it all, would love to see it, so please link in. If it is like was said before he was asked to do something he didn't think was right, he has certainly should explore other options for the balance of his career. It's a shame to lose a player of his caliber but it needs to be a fit on both sides and I hope he finds it.

4 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

While I hate the transfer portal, I do understand that it's the new reality, and that we have to live with it.  Quitting on your team when there is still a bowl game left is disgusting.  They should be made to pay for their semester of classes for being classless.

/insider-only-a-matter-of-time-before-team-forced-to-cancel-bowl-appearance/ar-AA14WFNy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4cbba194d0054bbf9e8599acfecd938a

It's not just UB but every College team.  There should be a change no one can enter the pool till after the campionship in whatever sport you are in

40 minutes ago, CheerUB80/84 said:

/insider-only-a-matter-of-time-before-team-forced-to-cancel-bowl-appearance/ar-AA14WFNy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4cbba194d0054bbf9e8599acfecd938a

It's not just UB but every College team.  There should be a change no one can enter the pool till after the campionship in whatever sport you are in

This link is incomplete. Can you repost?

2 hours ago, 410MD said:

You sure do have a lot to say. Did he take your sons starting spot? Or is it that time of the month and you’re emotional ? Either way cheer up Chub he gonna be good..so will you when you get that hate out your heart..lol Wow 

Thank you for your 2 posts ripping on legacy ubfan members who are only reporting on the facts that were made public. If you have more to make public, do so and change the narrative. If not, take your anger out on the coaches, not this site. You obviously don't understand what a fan forum is all about and you're not apt to find anything different at whatever school your kid ends up at. Good luck down the road.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, clodney said:

Thank you for your 2 posts ripping on legacy ubfan members who are only reporting on the facts that were made public. If you have more to make public, do so and change the narrative. If not, take your anger out on the coaches, not this site. You obviously don't understand what a fan forum is all about and you're not apt to find anything different at whatever school your kid ends up at. Good luck down the road.

You’re quite welcome. None of you are owed anything other than what I gave you. I suggest you learn to differentiate fact from opinion. Amazing how sensitive we are when the same energy is returned. Lol Keep your luck. He has God, his family and his talent to take him where is he destined to be. Bye now 

Edited by 410MD

1 hour ago, 410MD said:

I suggest you learn to differentiate fact from opinion. 

I would suggest you do the same considering you're the one flipping out over a fan's opinion on a message board based on the limited facts made available about this kid leaving his team midseason. Again, your obvious anger is misdirected. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UBlearns said:

There's no "Around the MAC" thread in the football subforum, so I guess this is as good a place as any - Kent State HC Sean Lewis is taking the OC position at Colorado under Deion, according to Pete Thamel

Outspoken blowhards are the new heroes of the world so none of this Deion stuff is surprising. We’ll see if the Colorado boosters have any cash left over after his salary to buy up some big name recruits. He only won at JSU because he paid for far superior athletes for that level. I doubt he’ll dominate with equal talent to the competition. 

10 minutes ago, clodney said:

Outspoken blowhards are the new heroes of the world so none of this Deion stuff is surprising. We’ll see if the Colorado boosters have any cash left over after his salary to buy up some big name recruits. He only won at JSU because he paid for far superior athletes for that level. I doubt he’ll dominate with equal talent to the competition. 

Boulder is an awesome location.   I think they have a lot to offer.  Prime will get the recruits to come.  

I suspect they could be in a bowl game in two years.  Heck, with the portal, they could be in a bowl game next year.  

I assume, eventually, Sanders would end up in Tallahassee.   But Boulder seems like as good a spot as any for his next job.  

The MAC has now retreated to the level where our head coaches don’t get low P5 jobs (like Colorado), but coordinator positions.  

If one of our HCs want to move on, I guess they can aspire to a Sun Belt job…

2 hours ago, 410MD said:

You’re quite welcome. None of you are owed anything other than what I gave you. I suggest you learn to differentiate fact from opinion. Amazing how sensitive we are when the same energy is returned. Lol Keep your luck. He has God, his family and his talent to take him where is he destined to be. Bye now 

Im sorry but good riddance to any player who quits on this team before the Bowl Game. Nothing you can say will change that whether you are a friend, player or family member. So relax with the attitude and insults man. You have a lot of odd pent up anger to let out for some reason lol.

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Can’t disagree with that logic.

Oklahoma State is playing Wisconsin in a bowl game.  Is it a matchup of Mertz (QB for the Badgers) and Sanders (QB for the Cowboys)?   

Nope.  Those guys won’t meet on the field in Phoenix, but will see each other in the Transfer Portal. 

We are beyond the pale now.  The product is suffering.   Something has to be done. 

I said it before and I will say it again:   for many guys, it was a GREAT experience to get recruited, go on visits, speak to coaches, etc, etc.   The portal allows you to do it again…this time (for many) with better game tape.  It is basically annual free agency in college football with NIL as incentives.  

While I appreciate the fact we will get to a 12 team playoff soon, this college football free agency has to end.  Back to sitting out a year in transfer will stop this.  Maybe if your coach leaves, you can transfer without waiting the year, but beyond that?   Nope.  

9 hours ago, UB92 said:

I assume, eventually, Sanders would end up in Tallahassee.   But Boulder seems like as good a spot as any for his next job.  

I don't know the story, but it seems like there is some long-standing bad blood between Deion and Florida State.  I see people hinting at it all the time, but I don't know the backstory.  Predates the Travis Hunter story.  

And just for the record, Travis Hunter has entered the transfer portal, and 247 has him as a 100% lock to Colorado to follow Deion.