Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Tulane - Holiday Hoopsgiving

clodney

Tulane - Kenpom #96. I'm not sure how they're ranked that high as they really haven't beaten anyone. Their best win was over #190 Rhode Island and the others were all against very weak competition. They lost close games to WKU (#110) and Fordham (#165) and played #85 Nevada tight until going on a 3+ minute stretch without scoring right at the end of the game. I don't know much more about them.

Anyone know how to watch this game? It looks like theirs a link to stream it on the tournament website but it's broken. Is that the only way to watch? Will they be charging for that stream?

2 hours ago, clodney said:

Tulane - Kenpom #96. I'm not sure how they're ranked that high as they really haven't beaten anyone. Their best win was over #190 Rhode Island and the others were all against very weak competition. They lost close games to WKU (#110) and Fordham (#165) and played #85 Nevada tight until going on a 3+ minute stretch without scoring right at the end of the game. I don't know much more about them.

Anyone know how to watch this game? It looks like theirs a link to stream it on the tournament website but it's broken. Is that the only way to watch? Will they be charging for that stream?

Tulane preseason rank on kenpom was 63.  They have trended down from that.  Here are some ranking sites / spreads:

image.png.111d3acd7752a8793da52234727d594c.png

We will be the underdog - 4 points or so, but this is a winnable game.

9 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This is pathetic. Poor job by the organizers of this event. Especially considering the games after us will be on ESPN. But hey, screw the mid majors that are looking for a little exposure.

Maybe 11:30 is too early for them (sarcasm)...oh wait here it is they already have must see tv on in that time slot

1696997921_Screenshot_20221209-0652312.thumb.png.129505dc0b44d026d6571193290f6987.png

I will be tuning in to find out how the greyhound does.

Could have at least put game on ESPN+. 

Oh well I will have to go back to my childhood, listening to the announcer  describe shots of Walt Frazier and Earl 'the Pearl' Monroe on my transistor radio.

10 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

Maybe 11:30 is too early for them (sarcasm)...oh wait here it is they already have must see tv on in that time slot

1696997921_Screenshot_20221209-0652312.thumb.png.129505dc0b44d026d6571193290f6987.png

I will be tuning in to find out how the greyhound does.

Could have at least put game on ESPN+. 

Oh well I will have to go back to my childhood, listening to the announcer  describe shots of Walt Frazier and Earl 'the Pearl' Monroe on my transistor radio.

Looks like we are an 8 point dog at the moment. I feel good about this one for some reason. Disappointing it won’t be broadcast, but I will have my black socks on so UB should be fine. Go Bulls!!🤘🏻🤘🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Looks like we are an 8 point dog at the moment. I feel good about this one for some reason. Disappointing it won’t be broadcast, but I will have my black socks on so UB should be fine. Go Bulls!!🤘🏻🤘🏻

8 points seems a bit generous... Let's hope your good feelings and black socks do the trick, along with the team's play helps the Bulls win outright.

So I looked up some stats, Tulane has 3 guys who score at a high clip with Jalen Cook back for the past two games.  Maybe that is why spread at 8.   Still hoping for a good showing.

Edited by DocCas86

13 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

8 points seems a bit generous... Let's hope your good feelings and black socks do the trick, along with the team's play helps the Bulls win outright.

So I looked up some stats, Tulane has 3 guys who score at a high clip with Jalen Cook back for the past two games.  Maybe that is why spread at 8.   Still hoping for a good showing.

8 pts is about right, if anything in my opinion is too much 

Tulane was a team I was high on going into this season, had a lot of returning players and a good coach but they haven't played up to expectations thus far

A couple of their guards are very talented if they are on it will be a tough game 

Think UB matches up well, but we shall see

3 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

8 pts is about right, if anything in my opinion is too much 

Tulane was a team I was high on going into this season, had a lot of returning players and a good coach but they haven't played up to expectations thus far

A couple of their guards are very talented if they are on it will be a tough game 

Think UB matches up well, but we shall see

I think this game will come down to whoever plays the better defense.  Tulane scored 90 points in their last game and lost.  Crank up the steals and fast break points, and limit the turnovers for the w.

1 minute ago, Erie County said:

They have always doomed us under Whitesell. 7 Minutes with zero points is unacceptable. 

Who scheduled the 11:30 (non watchable) Tulane game in Atlanta? The Bulls are looking at 1-4 away from home, the road has always been another big issue for Whitesell. 

Armoni Foster is a walking turnover (throwing the ball away or missed shots) what in the world did they see in a D2 player? Hes very much not a D1 player. Even Josh Whetzel seems frustrated with him. 0-2, 2 turnovers and a whopping 3 fouls. 

The Jack/Hardnett are outscoring the rest of the team. It's pathetic right now in Atlanta

You really know how to bring a box score to life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Erie County said:

Hard rebuttal as usual. None of what was said was wrong. Its not hard to listen. What was said there that was wrong? We've been able to watch every other game to date as well as some usual Whitsell trends. 

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 12.28.18 PM.png

You are correct in all aspects of the analysis. I love Hardnett, but it frightens me when he is our leading scorer in any game. He's just not that guy. Foster has just not figured it out yet and not sure if he will. Apparently whomever would be his replacement is far worse otherwise he would be seeing some pine. Caesar is exciting but he's not ready to be the every day PG. He's still play HS basketball where he's faster than everyone and just does the blow bys. Hopefully a true distributing PG in on JWs Christmas list this year.