Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB @ Ohio - 2/14/23 7:00 pm - ESPN+

MuchMany

5 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

No half court offensive sets being run. Where’s the coaching? Or is the call always pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock gets to 10 then have a ball handler go 1 vs 5 

Rinse and repeat. Had a chance to hold for last shot and Curtis Jones takes a quick three even thought we are about 1-100 from 3. He misses and Ohio gets rebounds, calls timeout. Ohio runs a good set and gets a big dunk at the buzzer. 

9 minutes ago, clodney said:

18 posts during a road game at Ohio with important seeding implications. Doesn’t seem like anyone’s entertained anymore.

I wasn’t entertained today, but I was last game.  Both losses. Who knows how entertaining the next game will be.  

Don’t confuse entertainment with the desire to win.  We all want that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

Ohio coming off big win against the Zips.  UB coming off home loss to Kent.  

UB will find it easier to put up points tonight.  Ohio isn’t great and maybe they will bounce off their big win.  

UB 92

Ohio 85

Take the over (160.5)

Oops…

I didn’t anticipate UB going 3 for 25 from 3.  

I thought this one would be more competitive.  

17 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Oops…

I didn’t anticipate UB going 3 for 25 from 3.  

I thought this one would be more competitive.  

With 2 seemingly evenly matched teams both sitting at 6-6 who played a close game in their first matchup, I think we all expected a more competitive showing than tonight. Even with better 3-Pt shooting (say 9/25, slightly above UB’s average), Bulls still would’ve come up a little short.  Other than the horrid shooting, it was a mixed bag of stats….only 12 turnovers, and yet only 6 assists on 22 makes. Above our average in FTs at 14/19 (73.7%), but out-rebounded 46-37.  Barely managed 60 pts against a team who isn’t much better at allowing points than UB has been this year.

Hard to figure this team out, losing 2 relatively close games to Kent and then embarrassing  losses like this one, CMU and MOH to name a few. With the remaining schedule, it’s hard to see better than an 8-10 record and #7 seed. And that’s assuming the Bulls can beat the 2 bottom-third of the MAC teams mentioned above.

Edited by Bluebird96