Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

17 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Ā 

Thanks both for the insight. Any chance we could get you to transfer in as fans if Coach McCollum ends up here? šŸ˜‚Ā 

If Coach McCollum is Mr Positivity, he better not hang out with this groupĀ šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

• Like 1

Just now, UBinMD said:

If Coach McCollum is Mr Positivity, he better not hang out with this groupĀ šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

I think if he comes here and restarts our winning tradition, this place will be all candy and rainbows.

But even my rose-colored vision would really, really like to see this search wrapped up so we can actually start dreaming on what's to come.Ā 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I think if he comes here and restarts our winning tradition, this place will be all candy and rainbows.

But even my rose-colored vision would really, really like to see this search wrapped up so we can actually start dreaming on what's to come.Ā 

Farting Unicorn Gifts & Merchandise for Sale | Redbubble

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Ā 

Thanks both for the insight. Any chance we could get you to transfer in as fans if Coach McCollum ends up here? šŸ˜‚Ā 

If Ben ends up coaching the Bulls, I will for sure become a fan and follow the team. I doubt I make it to very many games though.Ā šŸ¤£Ā  He's taken the NW program to heights that I don't think any of us could have imagined in our wildest of wild dreams, so he deserves the chance to move on and prove himself at the next level... I will definitely be rooting for that success to continue when and wherever that may be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alfred33 said:

If Ben ends up coaching the Bulls, I will for sure become a fan and follow the team. I doubt I make it to very many games though.Ā šŸ¤£Ā  He's taken the NW program to heights that I don't think any of us could have imagined in our wildest of wild dreams, so he deserves the chance to move on and prove himself at the next level... I will definitely be rooting for that success to continue when and wherever that may be.

Out of curiosity, what happened in this year's tourney with the early exit? Did So Nazarene just catch fire at the right time? Looks like they shot like 60% in that game.

5 hours ago, clodney said:

Out of curiosity, what happened in this year's tourney with the early exit? Did So Nazarene just catch fire at the right time? Looks like they shot like 60% in that game.

It was kind of a disappointing end to the season. That said, I don't think we necessarily played bad, so I don't want to take anything away from Southern Nazerene, but when every game, you're the hunted, eventually someone will get you. You really do get every ones best shot, so to have the streak that we had in post season play is pretty remarkable. But to answer your question, Nazerene did shoot really well... they made several tough guarded shots and answered every time it looked like we were about take control. It was one of those games that seemed like their Super Bowl, because 2 days later, SNU shot poorly and looked completely gassed in the regional final. I'd put our defense up against anybody's in D2, so watching them miss those shots was kind of frustrating. It's kind of clichƩ, but it seemed like they weren't able to bounce back from the emotional high of knocking us off.

Edited by Alfred33

16 minutes ago, Alfred33 said:

It was kind of a disappointing end to the season. That said, I don't think we necessarily played bad, so I don't want to take anything away from Southern Nazerene, but when every game, you're the hunted, eventually someone will get you. You really do get every ones best shot, so to have the streak that we had in post season play is pretty remarkable. But to answer your question, Nazerene did shoot really well... they made several tough guarded shots and answered every time it looked like we take it. It was one of those games that seemed like their Super Bowl, because 2 days later, SNU shot poorly and looked completely gassed in the regional final. I'd put our defense up against anybody's in D2, so watching them miss those shots was kind of frustrating. It's kind of clichƩ, but it seemed like they weren't able to bounce back from the emotional high of knocking us off.

Sorry, this was an accident... was trying to edit my previous post and apparently hit quote and edited that instead. šŸ™„Ā Anyway, my edit was going to be about the post season run the Bearcats had been on. In the last 5 years, we've lost 2 post-season games (32-2)... the one a couple of weeks ago and one on a 55 foot buzzer beater in the championship game of the conference tournament a couple of years ago.

Edited by Alfred33

9 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Weā€™re just going to hire Whitesell again

Wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point. They paid an extra 100k to rid themselves of Whitesell suggesting that they thought theyĀ had their coach.

The optimist in me thinks they have their coach but are working out the contract. I would imagine these types of things at SUNY just take forever.

The sad part about all of this is that It appears that ADMA has severed ties with the golden era of UB basketball.

5 minutes ago, Chet said:

Wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point. They paid an extra 100k to rid themselves of Whitesell suggesting that they thought theyĀ had their coach.

The optimist in me thinks they have their coach but are working out the contract. I would imagine these types of things at SUNY just take forever.

The sad part about all of this is that It appears that ADMA has severed ties with the golden era of UB basketball.

It's that SUNY part and the state of politics that has me worried the most. Ā 

23 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

So I did some snooping, Tom Fox and a person with the last name Fitzpatrick (video coordinator) are following Adam Cohen now. As well as Blocker and Kanye Jones

Hopefully close to announcing new coach.Ā  If either Cohen or McCollum - I am optimistic for the team's future.

49 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Hopefully close to announcing new coach.Ā  If either Cohen or McCollum - I am optimistic for the team's future.

Are u sure that there are not other candidates at this point? My best guess is that is not true.

3 minutes ago, Chet said:

Are u sure that there are not other candidates at this point? My best guess is that is not true.

We will see, this was the shoe I was waiting to drop. If one of those 2 is not signed, we are likely on plans C-E at this point. I donā€™t think BH was seriously in the conversation. Washington would have been a done deal by now if he was the one. Felt like we were waiting for Cohen. If no announcement by Monday I will be officially concerned.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

So I did some snooping, Tom Fox and a person with the last name Fitzpatrick (video coordinator) are following Adam Cohen now. As well as Blocker and Kanye Jones

Tom Fox, Jack Fitzpatrick and Blocker are also following McCollum.Ā 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

We will see, this was the shoe I was waiting to drop. If one of those 2 is not signed, we are likely on plans C-E at this point. I donā€™t think BH was seriously in the conversation. Washington would have been a done deal by now if he was the one. Felt like we were waiting for Cohen. If no announcement by Monday I will be officially concerned.Ā 

My bet is McCollum. But that's strictly a guess. I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere else other than Green Bay which made their hire.

33 minutes ago, Chet said:

My bet is McCollum. But that's strictly a guess. I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere else other than Green Bay which made their hire.

Iā€™ve heard Valpo too but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s just ā€œeducated speculationā€ or actual interest.