Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Search 2023 Edition

Kevin

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Where did I say anyone was official next week? I was waiting for you to comment before but you ignored it. You are getting slapped with the block. 

If anyone would like me to stop posting what I hear, I will gladly do so.

I don't really care if you block me for calling out your continued BS.

Unfortunately you wont see this, but yes, I would like you to stop posting what you hear from clearly unreliable "sources."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ukbro00 said:

Unfortunately you wont see this, but yes, I would like you to stop posting what you hear from clearly unreliable "sources."

I mean we did try to land Cohen, he also mentioned Rob Jones who another said may have turned us down. Anybody with sources not named Mark Alnutt isn’t going to bat 1.000?

I’m more entertained by people with thin sources than just wallowing in Alnutt’s incompetence…

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ukbro00 said:

I don't care what your obvious beef is with the guy, he shouldn't stop posting what he discovers whether his sources are 100% or not. This is a message board. It's made for fan speculation in these instances so I'll take anything over silence.

• Like 4

Just now, Dabulls said:

I will slap my grandma if he signs as HC. And here’s hoping 

15 years at Villanova and hand picked by Jay Wright to stay on after his retirement. Would be pretty wild hire and has recruiting ties where we would want to recruit. Maybe a couple Villanova portal guys come along for the ride? Too much? 😂

4 minutes ago, ukbro00 said:

Alright. But I was still waiting for you to show me where I said someone was signing next week? This is the issue I'm having. If I had, I'd even understand. I posted the exact words I was given. 

Cohen wanted to take this job but we already discussed other factors why he didn't. 

Please show me or stop saying it. It's slander at this point. 

Sorry I haven't been able to lock down who they are landing with certainty. I don't even think the AD knows. There are a lot of factors he's running into right now. I'll keep it private though.

6 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

I mean we did try to land Cohen, he also mentioned Rob Jones who another said may have turned us down. Anybody with sources not named Mark Alnutt isn’t going to bat 1.000?

I’m more entertained by people with thin sources than just wallowing in Alnutt’s incompetence…

Mark Alnutt is 0-5 right now lol

• Sad 1

Just now, UBinMD said:

15 years at Villanova and hand picked by Jay Wright to stay on after his retirement. Would be pretty wild hire and has recruiting ties where we would want to recruit. Maybe a couple Villanova portal guys come along for the ride? Too much? 😂

Only reason I think this is positive is due to recruiting and ties in the bball community. You’re exactly right, this would be a shocking hire but I’m for it if it gets us a new HC

1 minute ago, rma said:

Yeah and Temple is open. Haven't seen him linked to that job, but he was a top candidate and "rumored" to be taking the Bucknell job.

Seems to be on tour de CSA, the agency pumps up its profile and portfolio 

14 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

I don't believe many of us are wallowing in Alnutt's incompetence. He has royally messed up this search and shouldn't have a job at UB.

Edited by ukbro00

2 minutes ago, clodney said:

Halcovage feels like another rejection. If that happens publicly again, CSA needs to be fired immediately. How can you bring in so many candidates without properly vetting them as realistic?

There's more to it: Training facilities, locker room, practice gym, exercise room and equipment, arena, etc.

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Alright. But I was still waiting for you to show me where I said someone was signing next week? This is the issue I'm having. If I had, I'd even understand. I posted the exact words I was given. 

Cohen wanted to take this job but we already discussed other factors why he didn't. 

Please show me or stop saying it. It's slander at this point. 

Sorry I haven't been able to lock down who they are landing with certainty. I don't even think the AD knows. There are a lot of factors he's running into right now. I'll keep it private though.

I think being in print would make it libel 🙂