Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

George Halcovage III the next UB Men's Basketball Coach

Jeseph

47 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I'd say was just waiting to see who is who on the coaching staff

Also could see it being a suny political thing with budgets or something 

Could also see it as a way to get back into the news 

Could be. Seems like something changed somewhere imo, this doesn't read as just a delayed announcement.

It's possible to read into Halcovage tweeting, "A great coach and prepared leader." 

Edited by MuchMany

33 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Nice article, I like how these guys talk and it translates from what coach said he is looking for. 3 guys from the DMV so far. Need a few more pieces. With the 5 remaining, I would like 2 more freshmen and 3 transfers, preferrable with at least 2 years remaining. 

15 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I have been seeing the word 'grit' a lot. Also several mentions of defense.  I think that more than anything was problem the last couple of years.   I am looking forward to seeing a few transfer commits soon.  

On that note I saw an article about WVU, bringing in a couple of guys for depth, one was zyon pullin.  And I am thinking, man I wish it were easy to convince him to be a key guy at UB rather than depth at WVU.  Ok back to waiting for next commit.

Seems like Cage was at some charity basketball event in I'm assuming DC. As a Dukie, Bills, UB fan, this picture really did it for me. Diggs played in the game too.

Edit: looks like it was Diggs game. 

Screenshot_20230523_182911_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230523_221940_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230523_221924_Instagram.jpg

Edited by MuchMany
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

Coach is at Elmo’s currently. Appears to be with the staff, and maybe a recruit. Not positive on that though 

Thanks.  Would be nice if this is a precursor of a pending commit.  Transfer portal activity has been a little slow of late.

16 hours ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

Coach is at Elmo’s currently. Appears to be with the staff, and maybe a recruit. Not positive on that though 

Love to see he didn’t take him to a fancy restaurant or something and prefers to immerse himself in our community. I like what I’m seeing

On 6/29/2023 at 11:08 AM, Blue03 said:

Love to see he didn’t take him to a fancy restaurant or something and prefers to immerse himself in our community. I like what I’m seeing

Whoa there moneybags, since when is Elmo's not a fancy restaurant?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Great article on Coach Hal’s time at UB. Highlights everything you need to know. 

Personally, I like hearing that the identity for team will be gritty.  The team may be young and rebuilding, but I feel like with that mentality, they will be more competitive with top mac teams this year.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Personally, I like hearing that the identity for team will be gritty.  The team may be young and rebuilding, but I feel like with that mentality, they will be more competitive with top mac teams this year.

I also like they are looking for guys to play both ends of the court and be versatile. That is a really good philosophy and should make for a solid foundation and team this season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

Not to be a jerk, but I’d rather see a gritty team, than hear about a possible future gritty team.  … consider me waiting patiently. 

At least he is saying it out loud and the team seems to be on board. Time will tell, but he seems to be doing all the right things.