Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Womens Hoops Roster

Jeseph

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:

I've seen 12-16 typically. Not sure what the actual "limit" is. I see Briyanna Baron as a practice player, not too many game minutes.

Last I heard it was up to 13 full scholarships and 15 total roster players

• Thanks 1

UB WBB just signed another transfer guard from Georgia St. Looks like a 1 year rental. May be the PG to run the show while the younger players learn. She was originally a Pittsburg recruit and 3 star. Looks like her a Chellia Watson may be friends.

4 hours ago, UB77 said:

"... a Pittsburg recruit and 3 star."

Pittsburg College in Kansas or University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania?

Looks to be from university of Pittsburgh  I’m really interested to see what the preseason predictions are for this team

IMG_4656.thumb.jpeg.62aff30bb8308ad42290f0ff0548b85f.jpeg

12 hours ago, UBinMD said:

UB WBB just signed another transfer guard from Georgia St. Looks like a 1 year rental. May be the PG to run the show while the younger players learn. She was originally a Pittsburg recruit and 3 star. Looks like her a Chellia Watson may be friends.

By my count, that makes 16 on the roster. Stocking up on players?

10 hours ago, bullsbball said:

By my count, that makes 16 on the roster. Stocking up on players?

I have the same count. Definitely an interesting setup.

I think this season we will play thru Watson. BB stated last year she would have been the best player in the MAC, which is a bold statement. Hopefully with 16 options we can get at least 8 or 9 in a rotation. We have bigs now and lots of guards/forwards, so she should be able to mix and match based upon the opponents strengths and weaknesses. 

On a final note, all 5 of the former recruits found homes and good ones by my view. Boston College being the top and Wofford being the bottom with Marshall, Toledo and Bowling Green being the middle. Looks like they have picked decent recruits, unfortunately if didn’t work. We got some solid replacements though. Looking forward to the season and hopefully the coaching staff settles in.

2-3 stars are a dime a dozen.  The 2nd set of recruits are just as qualified to compete for MAC titles as the ones that when elsewhere.

BTW, only Boston College is an academics peer to Buffalo.

Not sure how any parent/player who has a sense of the value of a quality education can even compare Wofford, Marshall, Bowling Green and Toledo with an AAU, Top 50 Public University.

Coaching matters significantly more in the MAC.  These are not future pro players.

Edited by Sportsfan

1 hour ago, Sportsfan said:

2-3 stars are a dime a dozen.  The 2nd set of recruits are just as qualified to compete for MAC titles as the ones that when elsewhere.

BTW, only Boston College is an academics peer to Buffalo.

Not sure how any parent/player who has a sense of the value of a quality education can even compare Wofford, Marshall, Bowling Green and Toledo with an AAU, Top 50 Public University.

Coaching matters significantly more in the MAC.  These are not future pro players.

Unfortunately most kids aren’t really putting the value on the education part. That’s why our Olympics sport athletes put up amazing academics in a lot of things. The swimmers and shot putters know there is no possibility of a lucrative future in their sport.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

What ever happened with Ronnie Nwora?  She was on the roster but not with the team because of personal reasons.  Nothing was ever said when her name no longer appeared on the roster.  She walked at graduation yesterday.

No idea, never heard anything about her. Not sure if she was planning to use her last year of eligibility or not. Not even sure if she participated in practice or sat on the bench. It was an odd season all-around. Glad she graduated at least!

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Was she expected back? She was a grad student this past season. 

No, she graduate (or was supposed to). I don’t think it’s a great look for our best player from last year and 2nd team All-MAC to say this on the way out.

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

No, she graduate (or was supposed to). I don’t think it’s a great look for our best player from last year and 2nd team All-MAC to say this on the way out.

But this really doesn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know. Obviously there were issues last season and into this offseason. Stone is gone, goodbye, get off twitter and take the high road. Show some maturity as you enter the real world. Tired of this nonsense. From all parties. Burke needs to clean her house up asap. Tired of all this noise. 

• Like 2