Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Womens Hoops Roster

Jeseph

How many bridges are gonna get burned here? That comment could be something completely unrelated to basketball, but given the shitshow of the last.....year, this just adds to the nonsense and probably is basketball related.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rma said:

How many bridges are gonna get burned here? That comment could be something completely unrelated to basketball, but given the shitshow of the last.....year, this just adds to the nonsense and probably is basketball related.

It’s unbecoming. Is she bashing the basketball program? Is she bashing UB as an academic institution? Rhetorical questions. But the tweet is vague enough, especially since it’s graduation season. It’s funny we all want buzz and news from the men’s program but I’d like to go a week without any news from the women’s side.

• Like 5

Would like to see more news about the incoming team and turn the page on the 2022-23 season.  There is not much out there on the international freshmen. The stats on the other two incoming freshman 6'0" F Alexis Davis NJ and 5'10" PG Kirsten Lewis-Williams NC are impressive earning both All State and multiple other awards. Davis finished 1st in NJ rebounding while Kirsten 1st in NC FTM. Both have good highlight film and commentary on YouTube  Davis https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alexis+davis+woodbury
Kirsten https://www.youtube.com/@kirstenlewis-williams7638/videos

I guess once the summer workouts start more news from the team will come. Not sure when the roster will finalize but with 16 signed already my guess it is done right?  

Edited by NC_UBfan

46 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

Would like to see more news about the incoming team and turn the page on the 2022-23 season.  There is not much out there on the international freshmen. The stats on the other two incoming freshman 6'0" F Alexis Davis NJ and 5'10" PG Kirsten Lewis-Williams NC are impressive earning both All State and multiple other awards. Davis finished 1st in NJ rebounding while Kirsten 1st in NC FTM. Both have good highlight film and commentary on YouTube  Davis https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alexis+davis+woodbury
Kirsten https://www.youtube.com/@kirstenlewis-williams7638/videos

I guess once the summer workouts start more news from the team will come. Not sure when the roster will finalize but with 16 signed already my guess it is done right?  

I am ready to move forward as well. Hopefully less turbulence this year. We have some more veteran assistants as well, so I think that may help also. The freshmen coming in have impressive stats for sure. Also, the transfers are from upper conferences so that should have prepared them for the MAC.

6 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

… I guess once the summer workouts start more news from the team will come. …

Since this is your first season as an active user of this site, I’ll warn that you might need to temper your expectations of “more””.   Maybe you lurked around before joining and already know how “much” news we usually get.  I imagine it isn’t the same amount as with teams in the Research Triangle. 

16 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Since this is your first season as an active user of this site, I’ll warn that you might need to temper your expectations of “more””.   Maybe you lurked around before joining and already know how “much” news we usually get.  I imagine it isn’t the same amount as with teams in the Research Triangle. 

Well that's disappointing summer is for radical speculation of the upcoming year based on sparce information from the team 😅Its just not fun when there is no information to postulate about... Oh I'm closer to Charlotte that RT area to bougie for me

On 5/20/2023 at 5:19 PM, NC_UBfan said:

Looks to be from university of Pittsburgh  I’m really interested to see what the preseason predictions are for this team

IMG_4656.thumb.jpeg.62aff30bb8308ad42290f0ff0548b85f.jpeg

Still not seeing Tehya Lyons on the UB Women's roster web page.  Given past history, I suspect somebody else that's currently on the roster has already dropped.

20 hours ago, UBinMD said:

A 2024 point guard offered out of Massachusetts and plays for the Ireland U-18 team as did her sisters. 1,000 point scorer during her junior year. Could be a good get if she commits.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2023/04/04/quincys-orlagh-gormley-to-play-for-irish-under-18-womens-national-team/

If Ireland was a basketball power, I'd be excited about this recruit. But they are not (as far as I know). Which is why I am very excited about Manoela Forlín (volleyball) who played on the Brazil U-18 team, Brazil being a major power in women's volleyball, winning two gold medals and a silver medal in the last 4 Olympics.

Plus, I was able to get used to players speaking with Australian accents, now you throw an Irish accent at me? Arggh!

2 hours ago, dj_paige said:

Meanwhile, Loren Christie commits to play her 5th year of eligibility at Xavier.

Not to diss her but with all the drama that has surrounded our team, I completely forgot about FLJ and all the rest that left. How’d Cuse do this year? Legit asking lol. Did anyone who left make noise?

53 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Not to diss her but with all the drama that has surrounded our team, I completely forgot about FLJ and all the rest that left. How’d Cuse do this year? Legit asking lol. Did anyone who left make noise?

Not really. Fair did her usually thing high volume shooter, scored a bunch of points. About on par with her UB output. Wooley started slow but had some good games and her numbers were pretty similar to her UB output. McNabb hardly played, a few of the others were minor contributors. Camp did well at Akron, higher output than UB, but she has left them for, wait for it…Syracuse 😂. That’s about all I know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UBinMD said:
2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Not really. Fair did her usually thing high volume shooter, scored a bunch of points. About on par with her UB output. Wooley started slow but had some good games and her numbers were pretty similar to her UB output. McNabb hardly played, a few of the others were minor contributors. Camp did well at Akron, higher output than UB, but she has left them for, wait for it…Syracuse 😂. That’s about all I know.

They won two games in the WNIT before loosing at Columbia.

Today they lost Coach Blair Estarfaa.  He became women's head coach at Buff State. https://buffalostateathletics.com/news/2023/5/31/blair-estarfaa-named-head-womens-basketball-coach.aspx

Buff State had modest success for a few seasons under the past HC's tenure, largely due to two standout players, Katie Villarini and Liv Lebaron. This past season, after both graduated, they only won 2 games and did not seem to have much in the way of recruits incoming. It will be a reclamation project for sure...the same goes for most of the Buff State programs at this point.

The recruiting base should in theory be there but it is getting tougher and tougher due to the sustained success of not only other SUNYAC programs (Geneseo and now Cortland), along with other top D-3 programs in the region like Fisher, U of R, etc. Also, throw D'Youville into the mix as an up and coming D2 along with Daemen(at a higher level of recruiting than Buff State would be) as well as the region's top JUCO team in NCCC who has been grabbing plenty of solid to very good area players over the past 5-7 seasons.