Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Isaiah Fields

UBfan44

5 minutes ago, UBfan44 said:

came across this on Twitter. First offer from the new staff? 

First one I have heard. 6'6", 180lb, 12 games, 1.5 ppg, 0.3apg, 0.3rpg

Diamond in the rough or a good player on a stacked team? Team is 29-3 and 12-0 in conference, so it may be full of D1 talent.

7 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Diamond in the rough or a good player on a stacked team? Team is 29-3 and 12-0 in conference, so it may be full of D1 talent.

Might be on to something. He looks to be on the shorter side in this clip. At 6'6" in high school I would expect him to be one of the tallest out there. 

10 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Could be a combo of both, not sure what year he is

From what I see on film he’s a lot like Zid Powell, drives the rim hard and throws down some monster dunks. Also has some decent defensive abilities. Definitely someone I can see developing in a system. Looks like his team is fairly stacked. Have a 4 star guard on the team as well 

6 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Says he's a Senior class of 2023, so would assume he would a recruit the upcoming season.

Haha I totally read right over that lol. I did some digging, people seem to think he’s pretty damn good. He’s played really well in some showcases and is considered a “sleeper”. I trust George with his recruiting. He’s seen some great recruits in his time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Haha I totally read right over that lol. I did some digging, people seem to think he’s pretty damn good. He’s played really well in some showcases and is considered a “sleeper”. I trust George with his recruiting. He’s seen some great recruits in his time

Raw skill + Correct system + Chip for being overlooked = Potential stud

Look what CJ and Perkins were able to do when surrounded by the right opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Raw skill + Correct system + Chip for being overlooked = Potential stud

Look what CJ and Perkins were able to do when surrounded by the right opportunities. 

Jason Preston as well. Saw that he’s averaging more points in AAU than in HS. Not uncommon but it gives you the sense that he’s actually “good” and can score against decent competition. He also has a fairly clean shooting stroke. Hopefully we land him, definitely a person I can see being loyal to the program. Interested in seeing who else we offer, will get a sense of what Coach is looking for in a player 

48 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Potentially a diamond in the rough as we are apparently are his first offer

but I don't think those stats are accurate. He probably has 12 games on his max preps schedule with 1 or 2 box scores uploaded so the per games look weird. From a MaxPreps top 25 article his team was ranked 17th and was "led by senior Isaiah Fields (12)"
https://www.maxpreps.com/news/Rw015V5PuEa58xjjtIvUPg/high-school-basketball-rankings-no-20-sierra-canyon%2c-no-24-roselle-catholic-and-no-25-myers-park-re-enter-maxpreps-top-25.htm

1 hour ago, everlast2504 said:

Might be on to something. He looks to be on the shorter side in this clip. At 6'6" in high school I would expect him to be one of the tallest out there. 

I think he is a legit 6'6", his teammate (#32) that he high fives early in the clip is listed at 6'11". If they're a loaded high school team I don't think 6'6" would necessarily be one of the taller players

Edit:
Yeah here are some of his teammates:
James Evans 6'5" #104 in 2024 https://247sports.com/Player/James-Evans-46117606/
Andrew Meadow 6'6" 3 star commit to Boise State https://247sports.com/player/andrew-meadow-46117805/
Jazz Gardner 6'11" #119 in 2023 https://247sports.com/Player/Jazz-Gardner-46114377/
Darrell Morris 5'9" 2024 recruit with offers to NIU and NAU

Edited by trueblue32

16 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Sounds like he transferred in and was the sixth man, possibly contributing to his under-the-radar status. Strange that a kid on a top-25 HS team with good size and a not-broken shot didn't have any D1 looks, but hey maybe our gain. 

I also read that he'll be graduating at 17 which is pretty young for a recruit. Often times D1 recruits repeated a year or do a prep year. Brandon Miller for example at Alabama is a freshman but he's 20. It suggests to me that Fields may have some latent size/strength/athleticism that he hasn't even tapped into yet. Definitely an interesting prospect

Just now, trueblue32 said:

I also read that he'll be graduating at 17 which is pretty young for a recruit. Often times D1 recruits repeated a year or do a prep year. Brandon Miller for example at Alabama is a freshman but he's 20. It suggests to me that Fields may have some latent size/strength/athleticism that he hasn't even tapped into yet. Definitely an interesting prospect

Good catch. He looks like a good, lean athlete on video, so I would expect him to mature well into his frame.

His West Ranch team played most the West Coast big boys besides Sierra Canyon. It's about as high a level of HS basketball as anywhere in the country, so he's experienced against high level peers.

Recruiting this year is going to be pieced together obviously with our staff getting in the mix so late in the cycle. But even from this I'm encouraged that we're going to be recruiting HS nationally like a regular program and not cobbling together JUCOs and transfers every year. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...