Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Home opener vs. Fordham ESPN+ 9/9/23 6pm

promotherobot

30 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

This aged very well. The Rams are no doubt very talented and it’s obvious they were better prepared and better coached than UB.  I still don’t know where we’re heading in Year 3 with Mo…..Mo’ Mediocrity? Maybe a 6-6 season and a Bowl win against a team nobody’s heard of? 🥱 

Mo Ball: a fresh haircut, snappy outfits, and the marble-mouthed quotes of a used car salesman who fell upwards into being the CEO of Ford. I'm afraid he's a charlatan, all image and little substance.

And for the record, after the foolish delay run call on 3rd & 2, I have no problem running out McNulty (our best player) to try a FG that he hits 80% of the time in practice. The howling would be much louder if in lieu of the FG attempt, Cole spiked a short pass into the turf on that play.

Glad I only spent $10 on the tickets for next weekend.

5 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

The thing is Mo is not really calling the plays. He has offensive and defensive coordinators that do the play calling. He just yells and Tiger pumps his arm when they make a good tackle. What really is he doing during the game?

Exactly right.  And although there were plenty of questionable play calls on offense, they did score 5 TD’s and weren’t the reason UB lost this game. That falls on Mo’s D (including those 2 potential future NFL draft picks) who couldn’t get a single takeaway and couldn’t stop an FCS team on 3rd down or when it mattered all game long (well, at least after the 1st quarter)

Edited by Bluebird96

I don't know, but at no point would I give him a pass to say that his offensive or defensive coordinators didn't get it done.  He will guide us to another 6 - 6 season.  And, we will start of this year 0 - 3 after getting throttled by Liberty next week.  Hint:  Liberty is light years better than Fordham.

42 minutes ago, ubbulls98 said:

His play calling was vanilla, especially when it mattered (3rd and short, 4th and short).   And Mo was completely outcoached tonight.  Please rid yourself of thinking this is the guy.  He is fools gold.  Sorry, but it's the absolute truth.

He's not going anywhere until December. So there's plenty of time to right the ship. Win a few games and everyone is happy again. But is another stumble to 6-6 and bowl enough to keep him?

• Like 1

The loss to Albany seems like an anomaly in LL’s tenure. A 22-16 loss in his 2nd season when the team finished 2-10.  Overall vs FCS Lance’s teams won by an average margin of 24 pts. 

Interestingly, before Mo (1-2 vs FCS) & LL (4-1) UB was 7-0 vs FCS teams so it seems like we’re going backwards now, doesn’t it? Maybe UB should return to FCS. At least we’d have a shot to play for a national championship. 

Edited by Bluebird96

8 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

The thing is Mo is not really calling the plays. He has offensive and defensive coordinators that do the play calling. He just yells and Tiger pumps his arm when they make a good tackle. What really is he doing during the game?

Mo is calling the defense. He has been all 3 years. Yuck. 

Maybe somebody can explain to me how a Head Coach that specializes in Defense and more specifically in the Defensive Backfield has terrible Defensive Backfield play.

It’s a scary thought when your best player in the defensive backfield is a converted Wide Receiver making only his third start on the Defensive side of the line.

21 minutes ago, BRJACR75 said:

Maybe somebody can explain to me how a Head Coach that specializes in Defense and more specifically in the Defensive Backfield has terrible Defensive Backfield play.

It’s a scary thought when your best player in the defensive backfield is a converted Wide Receiver making only his third start on the Defensive side of the line.

What is clear is that Lance built his offensives from the inside (OL) out, and was far advanced from a scheme that what we have seen under Mo.

This OL is not very good.  Buffalo should have done to Fordham defense what Wisconsin did to Buffalo last week.

Getting outrushed on the ground by Fordham is the telling sign of the weakness of the team.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

The loss to Albany seems like an anomaly in LL’s tenure. A 22-16 loss in his 2nd season when the team finished 2-10.  Overall vs FCS Lance’s teams won by an average margin of 24 pts. 

That Albany loss was a definite anomaly.  UB had a transfer QB making his first start for UB and first appearance in nearly 2 years, he threw some picks early and got benched for a redshirt freshman Tyree playing his first college football game.  I was pretty upset with the loss at the time, but in retrospect, I get it.

Yesterday's loss is pretty awful though.

• Like 1