Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Daemen @ UB - 10/23 - 7 PM / Start of the GH III Era

DocCas86

3 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I’ll be interested to see how those that saw this live react. What was the body language? How did the coaches do and interact, what was the bench energy like. Stuff like that.

I definitely have heard Halcovage being vocal.    Let's hope they go on a run here to end the game.

This game confirms my expectations on the season. It will certainly be a rebuilding year, and a chance for freshman to develop. I wish we would’ve added more experience and at the very least a point guard in the portal but whatever. i hate to be negative but this is about what I expected for a team full of fringe rotation guys and under recruited freshman 

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

Anyone got a box score? Curious on the minutes distribution

Only listened to the final 4 minutes but radio kept mentioning that Chatman only played 14 minutes 

There’s live stats and a box score on ub’s athletics website. Just click live stats in the schedule feature. Overall, at least they won. And looking for a positive, Daemen is a very good D2 team that is experienced and have played together a lot. Hoping we can have a decent year and return most of the freshman next year instead of losing them in the transfer portal 

Edited by Ubbullsfan09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tee4three said:

Anyone got a box score? Curious on the minutes distribution

Only listened to the final 4 minutes but radio kept mentioning that Chatman only played 14 minutes 

image.thumb.png.bf6c7bebfd4eecf422f4b1d509525e0c.png

Chatman got into early foul trouble and only was a factor at the end.  I think Fulcher 38 minutes is not sustainable for the season.  Good that they kept turnovers to a minimum in second half.  Rebounding and points in the paint are areas for improvement.

• Thanks 2

Got there late from my grandson’s hockey game. But, I really liked the energy from the team and coaches. Didn’t feel like same old same old. Also, we grinded it out at the end, where I feel like the last few years we always wilted in pressure situations. Rebounding defensively was bad. Fulcher was much quicker and more athletic than I expected. Think he’ll be a solid PG. Adams and Chatman taking over in late 2nd half gives me some good feelings. Really liked Boldin, but seemed like a newborn fawn trying to stand up for the first time. Felt like he was all gas. End of the day, I feel like we’ll compete this year. To me, this is a different team in a good way. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Got there late from my grandson’s hockey game. But, I really liked the energy from the team and coaches. Didn’t feel like same old same old. Also, we grinded it out at the end, where I feel like the last few years we always wilted in pressure situations. Rebounding defensively was bad. Fulcher was much quicker and more athletic than I expected. Think he’ll be a solid PG. Adams and Chatman taking over in late 2nd half gives me some good feelings. Really liked Boldin, but seemed like a newborn fawn trying to stand up for the first time. Felt like he was all gas. End of the day, I feel like we’ll compete this year. To me, this is a different team in a good way. 

Appreciate the live perspective!

8 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Were McVeigh and Famakinde in uniform? They didn’t get any minutes. Wilson got minimal time and we know about Graham.

An exhibition game in which we had to fight back to win…I’ll take that any day of the week over a 50 point showboat fest. This builds character. Let’s keep it in perspective…it was an exhibition and the first game for the coaching staff and most of this roster. Rome wasn’t built in a day.  Summer is over, now the real work begins. 

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

I must've attended a different game.

A few observations:

• UB needs their guards to drive to the basket more. I think only Fulcher did.
  • UB needs to be more physical especially when it comes to offensive rebounds. Too many times, UB would shoot up a 3 and there was nobody around the basket for a rebound.
  • Fulcher did good at the point guard but a little less "showy" and more focus on passing.
  • Sabol better find more spots to shoot from. He was waiving other players out of the deep left corner so he could shoot the 3 from there.
  • Chatman looked good late in the game after getting in foul trouble early.
  • Would like to have seen quicker passes around the arc to open up the lanes to the basket.
  • Short bench. That's going to kill them in physical games. Is this going to be a repeat of what happened to the Women last year?
  • Not sure I believe only 8 turnovers as the box score says. I think the official scorer missed a few. Several times UB had balls rolling on the court and they just let them roll away.
  • Always nice when the Marching Band, Cheerleaders and Dazzlers are there.
  • There were 2 guys dancing with the Dazzlers.
Edited by bullsbball

21 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

A few observations:

• UB needs to be more physical especially when it comes to offensive rebounds. Too many times, UB would shoot up a 3 and there was nobody around the basket for a rebound.
  • Fulcher did good at the point guard but a little less "showy" and more focus on passing.
  • Sabol better find more spots to shoot from. He was waiving other players out of the deep left corner so he could shoot the 3 from there.
  • Would like to have seen quicker passes around the arc to open up the lanes to the basket.
  • Short bench. That's going to kill them in physical games.
  • Not sure I believe only 8 turnovers as the box score says. I think the official scorer missed a few. Several times UB had balls rolling on the court and they just let them roll away.

I sure hope some of the guys in the warm-ups can play, otherwise it's going to be a long season. Fulcher is definitely fast. Maybe even Ceaser fast, but also a bit bigger and stronger, which is a plus (he was fun at times though for sure). Boldin will bring something to the table. Sy is solid as advertised. We have a very lean bench based off of today, again, hopefully some of those not suited up will be for the opener.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

A few observations:

• Short bench. That's going to kill them in physical games.

I got the same as your first two bullets from the box score.  I agree the bench is thin, maybe they get Graham waiver and Williamson develops a bit more. Chatman getting into foul trouble did not help.  They also have to find a way for Fulcher to get a bit more breaks. As for turnovers, the box I saw had 13.

Short on ball handlers.

Jack and Ceasar would have added a lot to this group.

Had Chatman played last year, Jim would probably still be here, he is that good, even in traffic.   I remember the schooling he gave Skogman a couple years ago.  I think the fouls were an anomaly and probably a part of the 1/2 court defense issues.

3 point shooting is much better.

Defense against a well run offense was a problem.

They were out worked on the boards at times.

The close of the game is an huge positive for the team and the coach, especially after giving up an 11-0 run.

GoBulls!