Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ohio Game

BrooklynBull

10 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Rather than dropping down in divisions, wouldn't the proper response be to fix the issues.  If a teacher has a bunch of students failing tests, they don't make the test easier, they figure out a way to teach the students better so that they pass the tests.

Amen

Look at JMU, they aren't even eligible for anything, but they get the most of their players and are undefeated at #21 in the country. It can be done!

47 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Rather than dropping down in divisions, wouldn't the proper response be to fix the issues.  If a teacher has a bunch of students failing tests, they don't make the test easier, they figure out a way to teach the students better so that they pass the tests.

Unfortunately these days, making the tests easier is exactly what they do. Or eliminate the tests entirely while saying they weren't fair. I'm afraid Mo might be a product of that philosophy.

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Amen

Look at JMU, they aren't even eligible for anything, but they get the most of their players and are undefeated at #21 in the country. It can be done!

I agree whole heartedly. But JMU has a robust collective paying their team. That is obviously very separate from our poor play calling and 2 minute drill offense (cough). What a mess.

On 11/8/2023 at 4:23 PM, Fedup said:

What FCS team will we lose to next year. 

That would be Lafayette College, in Easton, PA. It is the home of Crayola. 

Lafayette is pretty, pretty, pretty good.  They beat Holy Cross and are 7-2 this year.   All kidding aside, I suspect we aren’t more than a five point favorite or so for that game next year. 

3 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

I agree whole heartedly. But JMU has a robust collective paying their team. That is obviously very separate from our poor play calling and 2 minute drill offense (cough). What a mess.

I don’t want to go too deep here, but UB administration made a conscious decision on where sports fits within the hierarchy of the university.  This is evident from the past five or so years. 

Whatever any administrator says about it, winning isn’t the primary thing.  If it was, things would look different.  Of course, successes will be lauded and winning is important, but it is not first on the list.  

UB, as an institution, has different aims. 

I have only one alma mater and I bleed blue, but that was one tough game to watch.  We basically are a training ground for the head coach (and some other staff coaches) to learn on the job.  It is what it is.  

I look forward to the confluence of some good luck and creative thinking from the next AD in the future.  

3 hours ago, UB92 said:

That would be Lafayette College, in Easton, PA. It is the home of Crayola. 

Lafayette is pretty, pretty, pretty good.  They beat Holy Cross and are 7-2 this year.   All kidding aside, I suspect we aren’t more than a five point favorite or so for that game next year. 

Why do they keep scheduling solid Patriot League programs? We are not at that level. lol.  If they must play FCS the Bulls should schedule NEC or MEAC teams.

4 hours ago, UB92 said:

I don’t want to go too deep here, but UB administration made a conscious decision on where sports fits within the hierarchy of the university.  This is evident from the past five or so years. 

Whatever any administrator says about it, winning isn’t the primary thing.  If it was, things would look different.  Of course, successes will be lauded and winning is important, but it is not first on the list.  

UB, as an institution, has different aims. 

I have only one alma mater and I bleed blue, but that was one tough game to watch.  We basically are a training ground for the head coach (and some other staff coaches) to learn on the job.  It is what it is.  

I look forward to the confluence of some good luck and creative thinking from the next AD in the future.  

The Buffalo Bulls and UB the school is too invested in FBS MAC football to turn back now in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

6 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Why do they keep scheduling solid Patriot League programs? We are not at that level. lol.  If they must play FCS the Bulls should schedule NEC or MEAC teams.

Because when the games are scheduled the teams are not that good.  If a team wants to get better, schedule a game against UB.  It has been happening for years.