Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB @ #22JMU Nov. 29 @7:00pm

Blue03

I’ve said this before, but I’m actually scared of how bad JMU will slaughter us. They are averaging 92 points per game and with our defensive woes I could easily see JMU putting up 120+. If we can’t even be competitive against 2-4 Iona or 4-4 South Alabama, imagine what a top tier mid major like JMU will do to this mess of a team 

23 minutes ago, Ubbullsfan09 said:

I’ve said this before, but I’m actually scared of how bad JMU will slaughter us. They are averaging 92 points per game and with our defensive woes I could easily see JMU putting up 120+. If we can’t even be competitive against 2-4 Iona or 4-4 South Alabama, imagine what a top tier mid major like JMU will do to this mess of a team 

I do expect this to be a one sided affair.  I will be looking for those silver linings though.  It would be nice to see a game where Adams and Chatman both play well in the same game, they keep turnovers down and they play better on d.

It would be an easy game to mail it in, so a test of players / coaches character.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

Looks like the current line on this game is JMU -34.5

I’m expecting a loss of anywhere from 25-50 in this game.

I hope that I’m wrong and would be relieved to keep it within 20.

A 35 point underdog to any other mid-major team is just an absolute embarrassment. I hope GH3 can right this ship, but this is tragic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Line on the game is down to +22.5.

UB lost to JMU by 35 last year (97-62).  I think we’d all sign up for an improvement over that.  Let’s hope the Bulls clean up the turnovers and have a decent shooting night.

Turnovers is pretty much the entire reason for our record. Some shooting struggles yes, but having 25-30 turnovers a game compared to 10 for another teams probably yields what, 20 extra points off turnovers for the other team? (Not checking numbers)

17 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Turnovers is pretty much the entire reason for our record. Some shooting struggles yes, but having 25-30 turnovers a game compared to 10 for another teams probably yields what, 20 extra points off turnovers for the other team? (Not checking numbers)

Screenshot_20231129-103815.thumb.png.656c1885bd49a5ba78f1188e14ef9e3c.png

You are correct that turnovers have been costly, UB has turnovers on 24% of our possessions (~17 per game).  If they can take this down to say 12, that would be roughly 5 more points.  The other issue is team defense.  The Bulls are near the bottom of D1 of team shooting percentages against. 

1 hour ago, everlast2504 said:

I would not be surprised if we somehow win this game. 

Well, if you live outside of NYS you have the ability to turn your (flabbergasting) faith into cold, hard cash at a rate of 20/1!

4 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Line on the game is down to +22.5.

UB lost to JMU by 35 last year (97-62).  I think we’d all sign up for an improvement over that.  Let’s hope the Bulls clean up the turnovers and have a decent shooting night.

I don't believe the line was ever 34.5 - everywhere I'm looking had it at 24.5 to open. It's down to 21 now, but a line moving ten points in two days would likely be cause for a couple actuaries losing their jobs if not a congressional inquiry 😂.

Edited by MuchMany
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Well, if you live outside of NYS you have the ability to turn your (flabbergasting) faith into cold, hard cash at a rate of 20/1!

I don't believe the line was ever 34.5 - everywhere I'm looking had it at 24.5 to open. It's down to 21 now, but a line moving ten points in two days would likely be cause for a couple actuaries losing their jobs if not a congressional inquiry 😂.

Just a public service announcement, Massey continues to have some questionable game scores, they have JMU 82 UB 74...an 8 point loss to potentially a top 50 team would be an accomplishment.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Just a public service announcement, Massey continues to have some questionable game scores, they have JMU 82 UB 74...an 8 point loss to potentially a top 50 team would be an accomplishment.

Early season predictions are always all over the place, unless it's the top teams