Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Snyder in the Portal. Where will he go?

UB92

In late August of 2024, Snyder will...  

18 members have voted

1. 1. In late August of 2024, Snyder will...

• Be a starting QB at an FBS school.
    • Be a backup QB at an FBS school.
    • Be a starting QB at an FCS school.
    • Be a backup QB at an FCS school.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2023 at 09:20 PM

If you ask me Cole Snyder is going where he can start and not be removed as the starter QB that sounds like FCS school maybe Albany Great Danes or Stony Brook Seawolves where he can stay in the SUNY system like Jim Whitesell. The pressure of playing big time FBS football got to Cole Snyder he couldn’t make it at Rutgers or Buffalo. Good luck to the young man but as a UB Bulls fan I don’t want him back he folded under pressure last season in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

4 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Sounds like he is headed to Syracuse this weekend.

That is laughable that tells you more about where the Syracuse Orange football program is than Cole Snyder they deserve each other. Cole Snyder also visited huge football powerhouse Vanderbilt in the SEC. It’s ridiculous Cole Snyder regress so badly as a UB Bulls he was being alternated with CJ Ogbonna. Cole Snyder refuses to look in the mirror he ran from Rutgers and now Buffalo. Cole Snyder is like Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott refuses to look in the mirror at himself. Cole Snyder should have thrived at his hometown Buffalo in the MAC. Same with Sean McDermott he shouldn’t be 6-6 with a elite quarterback like Josh Allen. Both these men need to look in the mirror and be honest with themselves and there teammates instead of deflecting their own shortcomings in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Here is a surprising article.  

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/cole-snyder-transfer-portal-5-potential-landing-spots-buffalo-qb-feat-florida-state-indiana

also…‘cuse fans are mixed on Snyder. I think they see him mostly as QB2. 

I sort of think Snyder will end up a starter in FBS at this rate. 

Toledo QB got sucked into the portal…

8 hours ago, UB92 said:

I initially thought that article was written by AI, but all the AI detection sites said it was human written. I don't know any human that would think Cole Snyder would start at Florida State so I'm going with really good AI.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, zigo230 said:

And the answer is??????,........Eastern Michigan.

But who knows if he will start or be a backup.  

If he doesn't start, that could be viewed as a major indictment of Mo and Co rolling him out at our starter for two years.

This is sad. Not that he’s leaving but that our starting QB announces he’s transferring in conference to a lesser team and crickets from the fan base. It’s like no one is paying attention or maybe nobody really cares. Again shows how far this program has gone down hill. 

9 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

This is sad. Not that he’s leaving but that our starting QB announces he’s transferring in conference to a lesser team and crickets from the fan base. It’s like no one is paying attention or maybe nobody really cares. Again shows how far this program has gone down hill. 

At this point, does it really matter? We are relegate to scouring the transfer portal for mercenaries or people trying to get PT. If we happen to find a guy and develop him, they will likely bail. I am just rooting for UB and can't get invested in individuals anymore. It really sucks as a fan, but I guess that's where we are for now.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

At this point, does it really matter? We are relegate to scouring the transfer portal for mercenaries or people trying to get PT. If we happen to find a guy and develop him, they will likely bail. I am just rooting for UB and can't get invested in individuals anymore. It really sucks as a fan, but I guess that's where we are for now.

You captured how I am coming to feel about it too.  Sad.  I've been a college football fan for more years than a lot of board members have been alive, but my passion is waning.  I find it tough to get invested in young athletes when they are not invested in the team.  That is not a condemnation of them.  I get the economics and such.  But I used to know that when a player committed to OU or UB that they were in for the duration in all likelyhood.  Now, even at P5 schools, you can't get invested.  Caleb Williams taught me that.

I'll keep my UB season tickets, and go to most of the games; catch the odd UB road game; and see a few more games elsewhere.  It's okay, but it is surely different.  And life (and football) go on...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 1/9/2024 at 10:49 PM, MKBullsfan said:

To be honest, I’m actually glad he’s gone and the fact that he transferred to a lower program in the Mac is an indictment of just how embarrassing it was that we trotted him out as starter. He was like the 4th string QB at Rutgers, he’s a straight up scrub and was the worst regular starting QB at UB in a minute 

• Like 1