Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfers

Sportsfan

39 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Can you tell us anything more about him? Seems to have had a very down year. Injuries?

Starred at the D2 level as a freshman (21 PPG, 7 RPG), transferred to ETSU 2 years ago under the previous coach and had a decent role as a sophomore. Fell out of favor with the new coach this year (don't know why). 6'7" with guard skills, not suggesting he would have the same level of success but a UB comp would be a Blake Hamilton mold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

Starred at the D2 level as a freshman (21 PPG, 7 RPG), transferred to ETSU 2 years ago under the previous coach and had a decent role as a sophomore. Fell out of favor with the new coach this year (don't know why). 6'7" with guard skills, not suggesting he would have the same level of success but a UB comp would be a Blake Hamilton mold.

From Lyons Rochester I see (victims of mine on the way to states in '03🫡)

He'd fit our collection of misfit 6'5-6'8 toys. Can he run a little point? 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Greg Gordon in the portal at Iona. GH3 tried to get him here last summer, but I imagine he's looking to go up a level after a strong season.

Greg Gordon, 6-5, G, Jr., Iona (16.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg)

Gordon is one example of the transfer portal challenge.  He put up good numbers at Iona, but only stayed one year.  That said, I feel you have to accept that risk, and blend in some portal players.

1st Round:

Curtis Jones - 27 minutes: 4/11 FG; 3/7 3PT, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block. 1 TO, 2 PF. Very solid performance, definite 6th man on this team most of the season. 

Isaac Jack - 8 minutes: 3/4 FG for 6 points, 4 rebounds, 1 steal. 2 TO, 3 PF. Solid contribution off the bench.

45 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

CuJo with 14 pts including 3/5 from 3, 4 assists, 4 rebs & 0 turnovers in 27 minutes as Iowa St moves on to the Sweet 16.  

Happy for him, it was a solid move and his skill set transferred well 

Not sure if this is the right thread but Isaiah finally hit the portal. Adams, Smith, and Jones were locks for the portal. I think anyone else ending up in there at this point would be a bit of a surprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eyjee said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but Isaiah finally hit the portal. Adams, Smith, and Jones were locks for the portal. I think anyone else ending up in there at this point would be a bit of a surprise.

Oh it has been talked about on another thread.

CuJo leading Iowa St with 21 pts as they trail Illinois by 6 with 4:00 to go. 

With Bama advancing it’d be pretty wild to have another former Bull make it to the Elite 8.  Illinois not making it easy 

Update:  Curtis finishes with 26 including 8/8 FT but didn’t get enough help from his teammates to win.  Will be interesting to see if he starts next year as a senior (assuming he stays). 

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

CuJo leading Iowa St with 21 pts as they trail Illinois by 6 with 4:00 to go. 

With Bama advancing it’d be pretty wild to have another former Bull make it to the Elite 8.  Illinois not making it easy 

Update:  Curtis finishes with 26 including 8/8 FT but didn’t get enough help from his teammates to win.  Will be interesting to see if he starts next year as a senior (assuming he stays). 

He was insane in this game, I didn't think he had this type of game in him. He was taking pretty much anyone off the dribble

I've enjoyed having a rooting interest in a random big 12 program this season 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tee4three said:

He was insane in this game, I didn't think he had this type of game in him. He was taking pretty much anyone off the dribble

I've enjoyed having a rooting interest in a random big 12 program this season 

He played very well, one of their "stars" pretty much shit himself, which led to the loss. CuJo definitely made a good move in the portal. He's one of the success stories so far. To a previous point, can he parlay this success into a second sack of cash from someone bigger? Time will tell.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Kanye's new team.

He had such a weird stay here at UB under JW and GH3. Will be interesting to see if he gets PT and can be productive there.

they were 10-20 this year and looks like a new HC.