Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Southern Miss/UB

Should be an interesting game against a good team. They have decent size with some at 6-6’3. Two players are averaging 20 points and 13 points with the other starters averaging between 9-7 points. They are on a 4 game winning streak 6-6 in conference. Just looking to see how we match up against them in the frontcourt. Would be nice to see a larger crowd and maybe some student attendance??? Go Bulls!!!

1 hour ago, squire17 said:

ESPN predicts the Eagles (5-19) are the favorite (85.9%). I like the Bulls’ chances in this game. UB 82 Georgia Southern 77.

I too would like our women’s team to play georgia southern, would be an easier matchup than southern miss. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, John said:

Should be an interesting game against a good team. They have decent size with some at 6-6’3. Two players are averaging 20 points and 13 points with the other starters averaging between 9-7 points. They are on a 4 game winning streak 6-6 in conference. Just looking to see how we match up against them in the frontcourt. Would be nice to see a larger crowd and maybe some student attendance??? Go Bulls!!!

Massey has So Miss ranked at 149 vs UB at 168.   Adding typical home court edge to UB - would expect this to be close to a pick em.  Should be a good contest.

5 hours ago, John said:

After seeing how we handled the size and athleticism of Miami and EMU I have confidence in our players to negate that advantage and execute Burke's game plan.  I think our back court has the advantage, SM does not have the size or speed to disrupt Watson. Also looks to be the type of game Davis/Rana and/or KLW could excel. Last game they were locked in defensively communicating well but were very disjointed and sloppy offensively playing down. With this being a home game I don't see them having that problem and wining by +10🤘

26 minutes ago, NC_UBfan said:

After seeing how we handled the size and athleticism of Miami and EMU I have confidence in our players to negate that advantage and execute Burke's game plan.  I think our back court has the advantage, SM does not have the size or speed to disrupt Watson. Also looks to be the type of game Davis/Rana and/or KLW could excel. Last game they were locked in defensively communicating well but were very disjointed and sloppy offensively playing down. With this being a home game I don't see them having that problem and wining by +10🤘

Good analysis. The home court advantage should help if we get bogged down. Two keys are the foul trouble and our free throw shooting that can sway a game. Good crowd and a loud crowd can help. Will be interesting to see a team from another conference. Go Bulls!!!!

33 minutes ago, John said:

Good analysis. The home court advantage should help if we get bogged down. Two keys are the foul trouble and our free throw shooting that can sway a game. Good crowd and a loud crowd can help. Will be interesting to see a team from another conference. Go Bulls!!!!

The ladies have definitely locked in on Defense, which is BB calling card. They have bought in to what the coaches are selling, which should help in this game. They seem to communicate much better and their rotations are much improved. I'm looking forward to a good game.

Team played with great energy. Enjoyable game to watch. Heard Burke scream to Ogden on a defensive lapse that Ogden was clueless. When Ogden came off the court after a timeout on the next possession, Coach Burke was in Ogden’s face screaming. Ogden walked by and smiled. 

Couple of unusual moments in the game…UB scores easy layup inbounding under their own basket after bouncing ball off the defenders butt. Late in 2nd quarter UB player drives to basket and gets called for foul…she then threw the ball onto the floor near the defender and very clearly mouthed “a$$hole” in front of the ref - no call. 

1 hour ago, rma said:

UB did an amazing job with NGWSD at the game. What a great environment.

You could really hear the crowd towards the end of the game. I hope they start really pacing the house. They are fun to watch. 

15 hours ago, rma said:

UB did an amazing job with NGWSD at the game. What a great environment.

Amazing when you have a lot of younger fans at a game can do for the noise level. Would be nice for UB to have price discounts for the younger fans for every game. Half price and concession discounts. Common sense approach to get more fans at games. 

20 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Ladies head and shoulders better than USM. Rough offense first half but defense held them to a lead. Second half poured it on. 

Even with a rough game from Lewis-Willliams with low scoring and foul trouble some of the other players stepped up. Was impressed with our zone defense much improved with better movement and communication. We kept their big 6’3 center In check with both Ogden and Davis fronting her and their 20 point scorer Davis with 0 points and appeared to be totally frustrated and after many talks from her coach barely played in the 3rd/4th quarters. Rana appears to be comfortable in her play both scoring, assists and rebounding using her energy and never giving up. We were talking after the game about the first game against Daemen being first time against another team had a hard time even dribbling and holding on to the ball. Amazing what coaching, becoming comfortable in who you are and confidence can do for a player who had a good playing career at Edinburg. Go Bulls!!!!

19 minutes ago, John said:

We kept their big 6’3 center In check with both Ogden and Davis fronting her and their 20 point scorer Davis with 0 points and appeared to be totally frustrated and after many talks from her coach barely played in the 3rd/4th quarters.

The announcers were highlighting USM’s leading scorer Davis and Watson at the start of the game as a battle between 2 of the top 20 scorers in D1.  Amazing job by the Bulls to hold Davis to 0 pts.  Watson had a quiet 22 pts by her standards but I’d say she got the best of that matchup by far.  Nice to see other Bulls starting to pick up the scoring load too.

18 hours ago, Chet said:

Team played with great energy. Enjoyable game to watch. Heard Burke scream to Ogden on a defensive lapse that Ogden was clueless. When Ogden came off the court after a timeout on the next possession, Coach Burke was in Ogden’s face screaming. Ogden walked by and smiled. 

I heard that too.  While it seems that BB has reigned her outbursts in somewhat, that one was excessive.  Screaming that Hattie is fricken clueless and then meeting her out on the court to continue to berate her in front of the fans, was uncalled for.  Good for Hattie for just smiling and walking by.  

Edited by ChubbyHubby

2 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I heard that too.  While it seems that BB has reigned her outbursts in somewhat, that one was excessive.  Screaming that Hattie is fricken clueless and then meeting her out on the court to continue to berate her in front of the fans, was uncalled for.  Good for Hattie for just smiling and walking by.  

Edited by Chet

2 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Kind of disagree it was totally called for. Did you see how attentive the other players were after that? The message was not just for Hattie prior to that SM was able to get a few offensive rebounds and scores because poor box outs or close outs. Clearly message received by the team which did a better job defensively and Hattie was back in the game after a min or two having a great game. If having Burke verbally undress a player to get the team to re focus worth it!🤘

5 hours ago, John said:

Even with a rough game from Lewis-Willliams with low scoring and foul trouble some of the other players stepped up. Was impressed with our zone defense much improved with better movement and communication. We kept their big 6’3 center In check with both Ogden and Davis fronting her and their 20 point scorer Davis with 0 points and appeared to be totally frustrated and after many talks from her coach barely played in the 3rd/4th quarters. Rana appears to be comfortable in her play both scoring, assists and rebounding using her energy and never giving up. We were talking after the game about the first game against Daemen being first time against another team had a hard time even dribbling and holding on to the ball. Amazing what coaching, becoming comfortable in who you are and confidence can do for a player who had a good playing career at Edinburg. Go Bulls!!!!

Opps! It was Edinboro!!!