Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Tim Oboh

4 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Found this for his U18 Championship stats.

https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u18b/2023/player/Timothy-Oboh

I'm ok giving some European guys a try. It works for the NBA 😀

Watched some of his highlights, he’s insanely dominant at his level. Looks easy for him. When playing against competition at a higher level he still looks very comfortable, especially playing for Britain’s u-18 team. He’s arguably one of Englands top prospects. We will have to see how it translates to American college ball but he reminds me of a taller Mballa, has a ton of size 

15 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Watched some of his highlights, he’s insanely dominant at his level. Looks easy for him. When playing against competition at a higher level he still looks very comfortable, especially playing for Britain’s u-18 team. He’s arguably one of Englands top prospects. We will have to see how it translates to American college ball but he reminds me of a taller Mballa, has a ton of size 

Best of all, as of right now, NIL rules are very funky for internationals, so not as easily swayed to leave. 

In watching the highlight video, it's funny looking at the gyms. They'd never fly in NYS with the wall so close to the baseline without padded walls. Every AD would be crying when the lawsuits rolled in when little Bobby got hurt against the hard wall.

Interesting to watch. We'll see how he translates over here. None of the (very brief) highlights that I saw looked like a gauntlet of opposition, but he has a nice frame and moves pretty smooth. Reminds me more of a young X. It took X a few years to come into his own, so we'll see if he is similar or a unicorn.

• Like 1

Nice pickup. Presutti and GH3 get the shoutout on his IG announcement. Plus all our freshmen are all over his post with positive stuff, so it looks like they're still invested here after a bad season. 

Also Gavin Doty liked Oboh's post. I think we're in good shape with him. If I had to guess our freshman class will be Jackson, Oboh, and Doty, with the other 3-4 spots filled by transfers/JUCOs.

Edited by MuchMany
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Nice pickup. Presutti and GH3 get the shoutout on his IG announcement. Plus all our freshmen are all over his post with positive stuff, so it looks like they're still invested here after a bad season. 

Also Gavin Doty liked Oboh's post. I think we're in good shape with him. If I had to guess our freshman class will be Jackson, Oboh, and Doty, with the other 3-4 spots filled by transfers/JUCOs.

I would sign up for that. 3-4 JUCO/Transfers feels like a good number still allowing out future sophomores and freshman to grow in their roles. If GH3 keeps all of the freshman, I will be impressed and will give me some positive vibes.

• Like 1

I’m kind of curious if this is why GHIII never filled our roster this year. By the time he came in he didn’t really get to recruit. The best recruits had already committed and he was stuck with leftovers or holdouts. If he completely filled our roster with “meh” players, he would be stuck with them on the roster next year. If he doesn’t fill the roster he can bring in more recruits that he actually WANTS. Idk if it’s accurate, but that could be why he didn’t fill us with guards, so he can do that when there’s better selection. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Blue03 said:

I’m kind of curious if this is why GHIII never filled our roster this year. By the time he came in he didn’t really get to recruit. The best recruits had already committed and he was stuck with leftovers or holdouts. If he completely filled our roster with “meh” players, he would be stuck with them on the roster next year. If he doesn’t fill the roster he can bring in more recruits that he actually WANTS. Idk if it’s accurate, but that could be why he didn’t fill us with guards, so he can do that when there’s better selection. Time will tell. 

I think there is some truth to that. Without knowing for sure what he had, getting stuck with a few extra duds for another season would hamper this year. I believe he thought Adams and Chatman would be better and I doubt he had a 3 win season on his mind, but he likely knew it wasn't going to be 20 either. We will see what he brings in at PG and scorers as well as defenders. 

• 3 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.4c12c3cb062c7ac9251bc98850c2c5a0.png

After their strong showing in the South conference, Canterbury's Tim Oboh has graduated from last year's top U17 player to this season's MVP.

The Kent programme went 9-3 and had a strong opportunity to win the conference before a late-season blip, with Oboh claiming multiple Player of the Year nods along the way.

16.9PPG went with 12.1RPG as Oboh continually impressed, and his efficient shooting around the rim (50.9FG%) helped Canterbury to become one of the big storylines of the 2023/24 regular season.

Oboh just managed to pip JMA's Isaac Round for the award as the duo were voted either first or second by every coach in the conference.

Edited by UBinMD
  • Like 2