Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

3 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Did Eastern Michigan really only score 37 points against Miami? Miami only scored 52. That must have been a snoozer.

As bad as we’ve been, our low water mark was 52 vs Kent in that god-awful 31 pt loss.  All told, Bulls have scored under 60 in 5 games so far (3 of those were 59).  Not saying by any means that’s acceptable, guess I’m saying at least we’re not EMU and hopefully this year was just a bad nightmare that won’t be repeated.  Whereas, EMU has had a long run of underwhelming seasons and many games like this where they fail to net 50 pts let alone 40.

Having said all this, why do I get the feeling the Bulls will now lay a total egg vs Ohio on Tuesday and score about 45? 😂

Edited by Bluebird96

5 hours ago, NC_UBfan said:

Just watched WM insane OT win, the madness begins…

If that was the drawn up play to put everyone asleep and think the pass was overthrown, it's genius.  If not, lucky day for them!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

EMU just beat Akron on their home court.  Wtf

Have you been impressed by any MAC team this year? I haven’t. The metrics don’t lie. The MAC is as bad as I’ve been going to games since Coach Spoon’s 1st game vs NC. 

16 minutes ago, Chet said:

Have you been impressed by any MAC team this year? I haven’t. The metrics don’t lie. The MAC is as bad as I’ve been going to games since Coach Spoon’s 1st game vs NC. 

Not a single one is truly impressive in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Chet said:

Honestly, no.  With the experience Akron returned and especially Freeman, I figured they would blow through the MAC at 16-2 or something.  That being said, I still think they stand the best chance to go to the Dance and possibly upset somebody in an ugly low scoring type of game 

Toledo won tonight and Akron lost so Toledo takes the 1 seed.  Will this be the Rockets’ year to represent the MAC at the Big Dance?  I’m betting on no. Akron still feels like the favorite. 

Kent could be dangerous as the 8 seed, though they lost handily to Toledo tonight.

Not sure how much more MBB MACtion I can take this season.  But I’ll be rooting for BB and her Bulls to make some noise on the WBB side. 🤘

24 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

Toledo won tonight and Akron lost so Toledo takes the 1 seed.  Will this be the Rockets’ year to represent the MAC at the Big Dance?  I’m betting on no. Akron still feels like the favorite. 

Kent could be dangerous as the 8 seed, though they lost handily to Toledo tonight.

Not sure how much more MBB MACtion I can take this season.  But I’ll be rooting for BB and her Bulls to make some noise on the WBB side. 🤘

The Mac is usually one of the better conference tournaments, but this year every team seems like trash 

7 hours ago, Tee4three said:

The Mac is usually one of the better conference tournaments, but this year every team seems like trash 

My prediction is Ohio wins, they seem to be peaking at the right time, but it is hard going against Akron's senior laden team.

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

My prediction is Ohio wins, they seem to be peaking at the right time, but it is hard going against Akron's senior laden team.

That's my thoughts as well

But could be a year a team no one expects like central Michigan or Toledo 

5 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

That's my thoughts as well

But could be a year a team no one expects like central Michigan or Toledo 

My dark horse is BGSU, but at some point Toledo does have to break through.  Just looked at one predicted bracket and they had Toledo as a 15 seed.

4 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

My dark horse is BGSU, but at some point Toledo does have to break through.  Just looked at one predicted bracket and they had Toledo as a 15 seed.

What a down year, a 15 seed! The Mac had been trending up for a while now too

One of these years Toledo will decide to recruit a big man and break through. Gonna be tough to win three straight when you’re bottom 15 in the country in two point defense.

I think Akron is the best representative for the MAC this year so hopefully they show up

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Toledo going down in the tournament, like the masters, it’s an annual tradition.  No auto bid to the NIT either. I laugh at them but it’s kinda sad lol.

That's my beef with the MAC. Toledo still doesn't fire their coach because in the MAC, close is good enough. Being good in the regular season is good enough.

5 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

That's my beef with the MAC. Toledo still doesn't fire their coach because in the MAC, close is good enough. Being good in the regular season is good enough.

If Toledo fired TK I’d want UB to hire him ASAP. Every year they have the best group of guards in the MAC. Lack of a frontcourt recently has done them in. Make him hire someone who has a track record of identifying and developing big men. It was unfortunate that some of their best years coincided with the UB glory years but I wouldn’t fire TK.

Hornbeak on Kent is from Toledo, if TK recruited him they’d probably have won this game lol

Edited by trueblue32