Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

28 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Akron winning the offseason. Preseason favs?

I would say they should have the best talent. If they put it all together, I would imagine they are the favorites heading into the season.

There's definitely something to be said for recruiting transfers with high major pedigree but they signed a bunch of role players on a West Virginia team that was rated lower than Akron last year. They could pop at Akron, but I don't think they look prohibitively talented. I think getting a group of transfers that played together at a previous school is interesting though. It sounds like Texas is trying to do the same thing by grabbing a bunch of the Indiana St. transfers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

There's definitely something to be said for recruiting transfers with high major pedigree but they signed a bunch of role players on a West Virginia team that was rated lower than Akron last year. They could pop at Akron, but I don't think they look prohibitively talented. I think getting a group of transfers that played together at a previous school is interesting though. It sounds like Texas is trying to do the same thing by grabbing a bunch of the Indiana St. transfers.

Something to consider?  Continue with the international flair of this team? 

11 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Eagerly awaiting the flame wars here between Adams' uncle and the Adams haters.

I actually expect him to bounce back after a tough year.  FWIW, here is what the barttorvik.com roster cast tool estimates the impact of the Isaiah Adams commit:

image.png.6a25ba65cbef660d7449be7fce248007.png

3 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I actually expect him to bounce back after a tough year.  FWIW, here is what the barttorvik.com roster cast tool estimates the impact of the Isaiah Adams commit:

image.png.6a25ba65cbef660d7449be7fce248007.png

For sure. I imagine he'll do much better there with a better supporting cast, in a proper role as a shooting wing, and in a non-hopeless situation.

30 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Eagerly awaiting the flame wars here between Adams' uncle and the Adams haters.

The coach of the team that has won the MAC regular season the last 4 years seems to agree with me that Adams is a good MAC player and was not the issue with this year's team. I'm not Adams' uncle and Kowalcyzk is definitely not Adams' uncle, so I'll be interested to see how this can be spun.

What the 2 time MAC Coach of the year had to say about Adams:

"'I have a tremendous amount of respect for Isaiah's talent level and competitiveness after seeing him play against us for the last two years in conference play,' Kowalczyk said. 'I told our players in our scouting reports that he was a first-team All-MAC caliber player. Isaiah is an extremely versatile player on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. He can guard all five positions, score in the low post and knock down shots from the perimeter.'"

What ubfan.com had to say about Adams:

"I'd like him a lot more if he was an international freshman with no other D1 offers."

Edited by trueblue32

53 minutes ago, trueblue32 said:

What the 2 time MAC Coach of the year had to say about Adams:

"'I have a tremendous amount of respect for Isaiah's talent level and competitiveness after seeing him play against us for the last two years in conference play,' Kowalczyk said. 'I told our players in our scouting reports that he was a first-team All-MAC caliber player. Isaiah is an extremely versatile player on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. He can guard all five positions, score in the low post and knock down shots from the perimeter.'"

What ubfan.com had to say about Adams:

"I'd like him a lot more if he was an international freshman with no other D1 offers."

That last line made me laugh more than it should have 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

That last line made me laugh more than it should have 

"He can guard all five positions"

That one made me laugh more tbh.

He'll do well there for sure. Should benefit from not having to be the alpha, which he decidedly is not.

4 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

IMG_5793.jpeg

Well if he's an all league player next year, how many on here will continue to defend this 3 win leader? This guy can play. Plain and simple. So could Sy. Those guys were/are good. They were not put in a position to be successful this past season due to things that were out of their control. They were playing on a team that was losing to Robert's Wesleyan until a couple minutes left in the game. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed as a UB fan, alumnus, former athlete and reasonably knowledgeable person when it comes to sports. It was indefensible  if you actually watched the 40 minutes of that game live.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Well if he's an all league player next year, how many on here will continue to defend this 3 win leader? This guy can play. Plain and simple. So could Sy. Those guys were/are good. They were not put in a position to be successful this past season due to things that were out of their control. They were playing on a team that was losing to Robert's Wesleyan until a couple minutes left in the game. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed as a UB fan, alumnus, former athlete and reasonably knowledgeable person when it comes to sports. It was indefensible  if you actually watched the 40 minutes of that game live.

No lies here.

24 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Obviously nobody wanted him for whatever he was looking for. I'm sure it's not because he just loves Kent St. so much he couldn't leave.

I am sure you are right,

Here is a summary of the transfer portal based on verbalcommits.com.  These numbers are 'as is' I have not attempted to correct.  I know of at least one gap in vc data - they still show Adams as not committed. 

At this point, almost 1/3rd of all transfers have committed.  Of the 1/3rd committed, 6% have decided to return back to their old team.  The MAC has had a total of 66 players enter the portal, with 24% of them committing to date (2 returning to their original school).  I think the deadline is one week from today to file the paperwork to go into the portal.

image.png.53317da6e4bf865f76b7fddc893e7a43.png

4 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I am sure you are right,

Here is a summary of the transfer portal based on verbalcommits.com.  These numbers are 'as is' I have not attempted to correct.  I know of at least one gap in vc data - they still show Adams as not committed. 

At this point, almost 1/3rd of all transfers have committed.  Of the 1/3rd committed, 6% have decided to return back to their old team.  The MAC has had a total of 66 players enter the portal, with 24% of them committing to date (2 returning to their original school).  I think the deadline is one week from today to file the paperwork to go into the portal.

image.png.53317da6e4bf865f76b7fddc893e7a43.png

That has to be scary for those 2/3 that have no place to sit in a week.