Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Saturday 2-6-21 Update

5 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Is anyone going to give Whitesell credit for the team having energy today or the bench giving major contributions? Or are those only reserved for complaints?

I give credit, the team was ready from opening play.  This team has racked up some lopsided wins.  They have to demonstrate they can beat the tougher competition. For now I will enjoy this win.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Is anyone going to give Whitesell credit for the team having energy today or the bench giving major contributions? Or are those only reserved for complaints?

Absolutely, they came out fired up.  I wonder if it was a "last time Miami came into this building, they beat you in a conference tournament" motivator....whatever it was, it worked.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, UB05 said:

The latter seems most accurate for many here.

1 game doesn't mean a season, but this was a very good one. I hope to see more of these over the next 5-6 weeks. If they do, they can win the league. Getting production from Hardnett last game and skogman/fagan today can make this team very dangerous. Can't win with just 4 guys, but if they get the 5-9 guys playing well, look out!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, UB05 said:

Sure he gets credit (hopefully he has figured out a starting 5, rotation and go to lineup) but honestly this is what we should do to Miami at home.  And we should win our next 3 games.  I will give all the credit in the world if this ends up being the catalyst for a win streak and hopefully a run in March. Until then, this is what we should do.  Gone are the days where we accept mediocrity.  High bar. We should've won today and we did.  Awesome, truly. But we can't rest on that.  No let downs.  That will be the next test. Go Bulls!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UB05 said:

One game does not change minds. He’s still 0-6 Against teams greater than .500

He finishes the final 5 against the top 4 seeds and need to not go 1-4 in those games to change anyone’s mind. 

they also haven’t beaten a single kenpom 150 team (0-5) 

Edited by NYS Bulls

6 hours ago, NYS Bulls said:

One game does not change minds. He’s still 0-6 Against teams greater than .500

He finishes the final 5 against the top 4 seeds and need to not go 1-4 in those games to change anyone’s mind. 

they also haven’t beaten a single kenpom 150 team (0-5) 

I agree with your point that the team needs to win down the stretch to demonstrate they can compete with top teams.  However, it is ok to enjoy the victory and to acknowledge that the team played well from start to finish yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

It seems that they have found a starting 5 for once in segu, graves, williams, hardnett and mballa

Now to just find the the 3 to 4 bench guys that can provide meaningful minutes

Hopefully what skogman showed today is just the beginning of his development

With Bertram out, this has really opened up minutes for Fagan and Skogman and if they play like they did yesterday, it is great production.  I know this board isn't high on Nickelberry, but I actually think he has been much better this season than last year.  In fact, in the Ball State game he hit a very big three in the second half as Ball State was cutting the lead down to 10.

He's not going to be a star or anything, but he provides some decent minutes off the bench.  I really want Brewton to get going.  He seems like a good kid that provides some energy out there, he just hasn't shot it like we saw him do at Coastal.  Anyway, as mentioned it seems like a rotation is being set and that is good news.

9 hours ago, BullBoy said:

With Bertram out, this has really opened up minutes for Fagan and Skogman and if they play like they did yesterday, it is great production.  I know this board isn't high on Nickelberry, but I actually think he has been much better this season than last year.  In fact, in the Ball State game he hit a very big three in the second half as Ball State was cutting the lead down to 10.

He's not going to be a star or anything, but he provides some decent minutes off the bench.  I really want Brewton to get going.  He seems like a good kid that provides some energy out there, he just hasn't shot it like we saw him do at Coastal.  Anyway, as mentioned it seems like a rotation is being set and that is good news.

He’s insanely inconsistent, we’ve seen flashes of him being what we thought he would be. Have no clue why he’s not dominant though, former 4 star out of HS