Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2021 Depth Chart

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Usually comes out with the game notes, which are released the week of the game. May be by the end of this week, since it is a Thursday game.

Only big question is, who’s going to start on the O and D line, we have some decent transfers and guys who where redshirt freshman. Should be interesting. I’m also interested in the WR chart, would love to see Laborn get his number called

The defensive side shows Coach Mo is putting his mark on that side. Multiple backups who have started in the past so he sees good depth. Weitz sat out last season but makes his mark. Davis was always an intriguing CB, but now we can see us playing a pair of 6'2" corners. The offensive side looks actually more like expected except Coach Mo is letting the freshmen show their skill. Laborn is young but deserves to play, and so cool he will get to be in the huddle with his cousin.

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Would have loved to see Matt Myers progress into the starting spot. I love that dual threat that he has with the ability to run with his legs.

I have to disagree. I'd rather have a not-so-flashy QB who can protect the ball and manage the game efficiently vs. a semi-mobile threat with limited ability as a decision maker. Vantrease has done a great job and is imo one of the most underrated players on our roster. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, clodney said:

I have to disagree. I'd rather have a not-so-flashy QB who can protect the ball and manage the game efficiently vs. a semi-mobile threat with limited ability as a decision maker. Vantrease has done a great job and is imo one of the most underrated players on our roster. 

I agree.  I think that Vantrease's job this year is to not lose games and there may be a game he wins with his arm.  I suspect he won't throw a lot, but will take what the defense gives him (if the offense can establish the run).  Additionally, I really want to see Vantrease run a bit more on those option plays.   

Myers, on the other hand, is more of a wildcard.  I think they should include Myers in some planned packages, however, but if he ends up starting, something unplanned has happened (unfortunately).

• Like 1