Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

It's opening week!

14 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Let's go Bulls. Take care of business with Wagner and tune up for Nebraska! 

I feel really good about the team and staff. Hopefully the comfort level is there with the new offenses and defenses and they can come together and play a great balanced game against Wagner and impose their will. Also maybe get some breathing room in the game and let others get on the field and get some game experience. Go Bulls!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, verandaman said:

Sad I can't be there, but I will cheer on from afar.  A good game to start the season with and work out any last minute kinks...then an extra two days of prep/rest time time before Nebraska.

Go Bulls!  

Will be interesting to see how Nebraska looks against Fordham. It’s good for us I think. Will get the taste of their Illinois loss out of their system and probably come into the Buffalo game over confident. Hopefully we show well this week, even though it’s an FCS opponent, but build up the confidence on our end in the new system and play well against Nebraska in a hostile environment (remember Nebraska fans are on the same delusional level as Michigan and Penn St fans when it comes to their perception of the quality of their football program). 

55 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Will be interesting to see how Nebraska looks against Fordham. It’s good for us I think. Will get the taste of their Illinois loss out of their system and probably come into the Buffalo game over confident. Hopefully we show well this week, even though it’s an FCS opponent, but build up the confidence on our end in the new system and play well against Nebraska in a hostile environment (remember Nebraska fans are on the same delusional level as Michigan and Penn St fans when it comes to their perception of the quality of their football program). 

Any info on the team scrimmage they had yesterday? Would like to hear about how they looked

• Like 1

3 hours ago, promotherobot said:

ESPN3 will have a free stream available, at least.

Will need a VPN into the United States.  ESPN3 does not work outside of the US.  I could not watch the Black Friday game when men's hoops were in the Cayman Islands and had to use a VPN for the MAC Championship games in Belfast to watch it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Not easy to find a line because it is FBS v. FCS.  The one line I was able to find was Fordham +42.5.  IF Nebraska does not blow them out, it will be a long season for them and hopefully made longer the following week.

Also Nebraska's 375 game sellout streak at home is in trouble.

Edited by BrooklynBull

On 8/29/2021 at 11:12 AM, verandaman said:

Sad I can't be there, but I will cheer on from afar.  A good game to start the season with and work out any last minute kinks...then an extra two days of prep/rest time time before Nebraska.

Go Bulls!  

On the plus side, I received my UB Parking Passes today 🙃

• Like 3

This might be the first time I've ever seen "official" point spreads in the newspaper for FBS vs FCS games.  Usually you have to go to the betting sites to find those?

Anyway, they have UB listed as a 48.5 pt favorite over Wagner.  That's pretty hefty. 

In some other FBS/FCS games,  Eastern Mich is 30.5 over St. Francis,  Boston College is 48.5 over Colgate,  Toledo 37.5 over Norfolk State and upcoming opponent Nebraska is a 40.5 favorite over Fordham.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

We all are.

I was impressed with the 1st half. RBs are going to be fine. OL doing well, Fusak having trouble with the spin move, but they can figure that out. Passing and WRs have been a pleasant surprise.

special teams doing what they are supposed to an McNaulty matches his FG made total from last year. Also no Finnegan sightings so that’s always a positive for the offense.

all in all a very entertaining and impressive first half of the first game for a coach that was hired 109 days ago.

34 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Honestly is there a worse team we’ve played in recent memory? Gardner Webb is the only one that comes close in my mind and even they could punt a ball more than 20 yards

No, they're pathetic,  and that'd be an upgrade. We'll learn a lot more next week. If the Bulls can do damage against a marginal, yet still Nebraska team, then it will really be a feather in the cap.