Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bulls are going....KNOXVILLE! #4Tenn/#13Buffalo

If we make shots we will win. Yea Tennessee is gonna get second chance points but we can’t compound that with cheap fouls and missed shots around the rim. Better close to the quarter. Great response by the team after the 8-0 Tennessee start. Once we settle down it is clear we should be able to get our looks on offense.

Edited by DooleyBull06

Tennessee isn’t gonna beat us from the outside. They are all in the paint and foul line. We must stay off the foul line in the 2nd half. And we must convert the open looks we’ve gotten around the paint. Overall great half . Right there in this game. Just gotta make a few more shots.

4 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Welp valiant effort but came up short. Tennessee was too physical down low and we didn’t make enough shots to stay close in the second half. Great season anytime you make the big dance and have a game on network tv. Now we wait and see what happens with coach. 

Do agree. Just too much size that wore us down. We needed big games from Summer, Woolley and Adeyeye and they all fell short. Summer missing a lot of shots in the paint, Adeyeye with her bug-a-boo all year being in foul trouble and Woolley a really rough shooting day. Fair with her great game and effort as usual. Wilson is the one player that should of got more time than Christie or Gaba. Wilson does look like she could become a very good post player with her size and strength. Overall a rough shooting day that will not win many games against a quality opponent. Nothing to be ashamed about as they all played their hearts out and had a tremendous season and gave us again great memories to last a lifetime.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John said:

Wilson is the one player that should of got more time than Christie or Gaba. Wilson does look like she could become a very good post player with her size and strength.

I felt the same way about Wilson, thought she should’ve played more especially with Adeyeye in foul trouble. Great game up until the last few minutes when everything seemed to go the Vols’ way and UB just couldn’t keep up.
All in all it was a great season, fingers crossed that everyone who’s eligible returns as well as Coach. 

Tennessee dominated the boards 55-38. But the real killer for UB was the disparity at the FT line.  UT was 21/29 to just 6/10 for the Bulls.  Wilson 4/4 in just 8 minutes of action while rest of team was 2/6 including Fair with no makes on just 2 attempts. That, and so many shots close to the rim that just weren’t falling for UB. Though, the 6’6” Key’s ability to alter and block shots no doubt played a role in a lot of those misses. 

10 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Tennessee dominated the boards 55-38. But the real killer for UB was the disparity at the FT line.  UT was 21/29 to just 6/10 for the Bulls.  Wilson 4/4 in just 8 minutes of action while rest of team was 2/6 including Fair with no makes on just 2 attempts. That, and so many shots close to the rim that just weren’t falling for UB. Though, the 6’6” Key’s ability to alter and block shots no doubt played a role in a lot of those misses. 

Do agree. It was a tough matchup with their size and quickness. After looking at the flow of the game there were close to 10-12 shots especially from Summer and Woolley that did not go in and most were close range shots that especially from Woolley that went in during the season. It did look like Woolley was nervous at the start and then as the game went on became frustrated with her misses. She really looks like a heck of a player as a freshman and is a big time force on the defensive end having 7 steals. Her 7 turnovers were a tough pill to swallow but with more experience and becoming even more comfortable and confident should improve. Again just a great and exciting season and if the team stays together along with the coaching staff should promise to be another exciting year. If! If! If! Hope! Hope! Hope!  Go Bulls!!!

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 6:48 PM, Chet said:

The size of the Lady Vols was problematic. Shots just didn't fall. This team was fun to watch all season. 

This is the problem that the women have agaisnt the top programs.  This game was very similar to the South Carolina and Oklahoma games in the Bahamas.  UB just has problems getting inside against the bigs of these schools.  the other issue is depth.  By the time the fourth quarter comes UB is too exhausted to make plays and shots.  All of a sudden a close game has them down double digits and you did not even see that run coming at UB.

This game busted my bracket as I had UB beating Indiana in the championship game. I did not think that UB could beat Tennessee and Oregon back to back, so I gave UB Belmont in the second round.  That was a nice upset to have had in the bracket.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

This is the problem that the women have agaisnt the top programs.  This game was very similar to the South Carolina and Oklahoma games in the Bahamas.  UB just has problems getting inside against the bigs of these schools.  the other issue is depth.  By the time the fourth quarter comes UB is too exhausted to make plays and shots.  All of a sudden a close game has them down double digits and you did not even see that run coming at UB.

This game busted my bracket as I had UB beating Indiana in the championship game. I did not think that UB could beat Tennessee and Oregon back to back, so I gave UB Belmont in the second round.  That was a nice upset to have had in the bracket.

Agree 100%. Successful low-post play at the highest levels depends not just on height, but height plus FRAME. And depth is definitely a bugaboo for this team - it's not just the lack of scoring, but the ratio of points-to-fouls, critical in the women's NCAA game (but not the men's game...don't get me started) where 5 fouls in a quarter gets your opponent to the line.

As an aside: UB gals played better than many other teams I've seen this week. I'm gonna say that UB could have beaten either Miami or S. Carolina from what I saw yesterday.

Edited by DoctorBe
typo