Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 Transfer Portal

bulls2684

2 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

in the 1970’s when UB foolishly dropped UB football and basketball.

Basketball was never dropped.

2 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

it is a very big deal no one likes a loser even in Buffalo

Then how do you explain the support for the Bills, for 20 years of missing the playoffs?  Not winning a title for 57 years? 

The Sabres for being 0-History?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Basketball was never dropped.

Then how do you explain the support for the Bills, for 20 years of missing the playoffs?  Not winning a title for 57 years? 

The Sabres for being 0-History?

Not a very fair comment. Buffalo's pro sports teams have had their share of successes, though falling short of the ultimate prize. 

Especially rich coming from a UB Bulls fan. I don't see any national championship banners or trophies anywhere, if you want to have a d*** measuring contest here.

Crappy college programs, or their fans, shouldn't throw stones at the beloved local pro teams. You're not gonna win any friends that way.

Edited by promotherobot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, promotherobot said:

I don't see any national championship banners

Just a small correction, there is one, but it's about as relevant as St. Bonaventure's Final Four or NIT Championship.

For better or for worse, Buffalo is a Bills-obsessed city. Even when the team was bad. BSF can say that nobody likes a loser, but to Brook's point when the Bills were awful they still had a huge amount of support. We all know people where their entire identity is the Buffalo Bills.

IMO I think the Sabres have a little bit of that, but so many fans have had enough with the past decade of play and the rotation of coaches that the "nobody likes a loser" might be coming true there. There's individual games where there's some turnout, but overall attendance and fan engagement is way down.

4 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Crappy college programs, or their fans, shouldn't throw stones at the beloved local pro teams. You're not gonna win any friends that way.

That's why I generally shut my mouth when it comes to pro sports here. Maybe I should have shut it instead of posting this. Oh well.

DB transfer from Cornell. 

GP    SOLO    AST    TOT    TFL-YDS    SACKS-YDS    INT    PD    FF    FR    BLK
2019-20    10    7    2    9    0-0    0-0    0    0    0    1    0
2021-22    10    21    24    45    0.5-0    0-0    1    3    0    1    0
2022-23    10    25    18    43    0-0    0-0    1    5    2    1    0
Total    30    53    44    97    0.5-0    0-0    2    8    2    3    0

Not sure if he will have 1 or 2 years left. He's listed on the Cornell site as 5th year. Can never have too much secondary depth. Looks like a productive player, 43 tackles last year, 45 tackles the year before.

2 hours ago, UBinMD said:

DB transfer from Cornell. 

GP    SOLO    AST    TOT    TFL-YDS    SACKS-YDS    INT    PD    FF    FR    BLK
2019-20    10    7    2    9    0-0    0-0    0    0    0    1    0
2021-22    10    21    24    45    0.5-0    0-0    1    3    0    1    0
2022-23    10    25    18    43    0-0    0-0    1    5    2    1    0
Total    30    53    44    97    0.5-0    0-0    2    8    2    3    0

Not sure if he will have 1 or 2 years left. He's listed on the Cornell site as 5th year. Can never have too much secondary depth. Looks like a productive player, 43 tackles last year, 45 tackles the year before.

Clearly he has one or else he would to be able to transfer.  I do not think he would have a second year.  Next year wlil be his fourth playing.  Unless the NCAA changed their rules over 2020, he does not get a COVID year because the Ivy League did not play in 2020.

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

Clearly he has one or else he would to be able to transfer.  I do not think he would have a second year.  Next year wlil be his fourth playing.  Unless the NCAA changed their rules over 2020, he does not get a COVID year because the Ivy League did not play in 2020.

I'll take the 1 year. He looks like he was productive so hopefully good depth if nothing else.

• 2 months later...

You can see some other chips falling now too since we are a week away from the Spring game. Certain players are likely seeing where they are in the pecking order and are looking for a different opportunity. I respect that, at least they waited to see how spring practice fell. I wish them the best. So far 3 have entered the portal today.

• 3 weeks later...

This one was a very odd situation. He played a great game at Maryland and then disappeared without much narrative. The family spoke out a bit and seemed to imply he was not treated well, maybe an injury thing? Anyway, he’s restarting at JUCO, so I hope he finds a good path.

image.thumb.png.a4424d246906b9bed1011f4b79e7c5e7.png

20 hours ago, UBinMD said:

This one was a very odd situation. He played a great game at Maryland and then disappeared without much narrative. The family spoke out a bit and seemed to imply he was not treated well, maybe an injury thing? Anyway, he’s restarting at JUCO, so I hope he finds a good path.

That is a weird situation.  I was at the Maryland game and agree, he was all over the place.  I recall some solid hits and tight coverage and thinking we have a baller back there.  I assumed he was going to transfer to a P5 program.  

I don't like to speculate on this stuff...but I will anyway.  I think his departure has more to do with Hudgens, than anything negative with the Bulls program.

8 hours ago, zigo230 said:

That is a weird situation.  I was at the Maryland game and agree, he was all over the place.  I recall some solid hits and tight coverage and thinking we have a baller back there.  I assumed he was going to transfer to a P5 program.  

I don't like to speculate on this stuff...but I will anyway.  I think his departure has more to do with Hudgens, than anything negative with the Bulls program.

I was at the game too, I actually spoke to some of his family at halftime on the concourse, told them what a great game he was having, he’s from that area. All seemed good and then the next week he didn’t play and he disappeared. No idea. I agreed that I thought he might even end up at Maryland!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I looked up a couple of our Transfer Portal losses to see how their season started. I don't remember all of them, but here is what I found:

Jamari Gassett (Florida A&M) - 1 rec, 0 yards; 1 carry, -5 yards (won against Deion-less Jacksonville St.)

Jake Hasz (UNLV) - starter @ C on the 2-deep, 268 yards rushing and 5 TD, I'm guessing the OL played well (won against Bryant)

Jackson Paradis (UMass) - not shown on the depth chart (4-RB listed), maybe he has to sit-out this season due to transfer?

Brian Plummer (Alabama A&M) - looks like he switched from QB to S. I did not see any stats he recorded in their first game (Loss to Vanderbilt

Keyshawn Cobb (West Virginia) - listed as #2 at FS on the depth. Didn't see any registered stats for game #1 (Loss to Penn St.)

Casey Case (Stony Brook) - Starting QB: 14/40 for 163 yards, 3 Int, 1 Sack. 2 rushes, 3 yards (Loss to #22 Delaware)

Trevor Borland (Western Kentucky) - #2 TE on depth chart, 0 rec, 0 yards (Won against South Florida)

Matt Myers (UT Martin) - No longer shown on the official site Roster, so not sure if he left the program? There are 5 QBs currently (not including Myers)

On another note, Dylan McDuffie made his Kansas debut. He had 6 carries, 40 yards, 1 TD in their win against Missouri St. He's listed on their depth chart as #3 of 5 at RB. We will see how much time he gets as the competition ramps up. He went from 206car/1,049yard/11TD in 2021 to 22car/45yard/1TD in 2022. Hopefully he can finish his career strong.

• Like 1