Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Linguist on the move?!

Chet

Well that would be interesting.  Even though the Linguist era at UB can be questioned so far, he probably checks a lot of boxes when it comes to up and coming coaches in FBS.  I'm not sure about his assistant coaches here.  That could be part of the issue. 

1 hour ago, zigo230 said:

Well that would be interesting.  Even though the Linguist era at UB can be questioned so far, he probably checks a lot of boxes when it comes to up and coming coaches in FBS.  I'm not sure about his assistant coaches here.  That could be part of the issue. 

Liberty is somehow able to pay their new coach $4 million per year. Poaching Coastal Carolina’s guy. Very interesting.

23 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

What was Leipold's record in Buffalo in his second season here?

I'm still not a Leipold believer. 19pt 4th Q collapse in the MACC still hurts. No coach worth a damn has multiple blown games. Leipold had 2 big ones. Linguist has 4 in this season alone.

This would make Alnutt look smart for extending Mo and increasing his buyout.

Edited by promotherobot
  • Like 2

If I physically could I would help Maurice Linquist pack for Cincinnati. Please Cincinnati Bearcats take Maurice Linquist and this whole coaching staff. All UB Bulls fans should donate .02 cents to the Cincinnati Bearcats athletics if they hire Maurice Linquist because that is all he is worth to me as a head coach because he was horrible. The bowl game is the only thing that saved Maurice Linquist from being Jeff Quinn and Jim Ward. Does Cincinnati has room for UB AD Mark Alnutt and Jim Whitesell? Cincinnati can have the UB President too who is good for nothing when it comes to UB athletics in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Ojong (DBs) is rumored to be going to Charlotte.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-charlotte-adding-rod-ojong-to-staff

20 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Not surprising, such a tough thing to keep mid-level colleges not only players, but also staff. Every year is like a new start.

How do you look at UB's defensive collapses and think "Yeah, that's a coach I want"?

3 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

If I physically could I would help Maurice Linquist pack for Cincinnati. Please Cincinnati Bearcats take Maurice Linquist and this whole coaching staff. All UB Bulls fans should donate .02 cents to the Cincinnati Bearcats athletics if they hire Maurice Linquist because that is all he is worth to me as a head coach because he was horrible. The bowl game is the only thing that saved Maurice Linquist from being Jeff Quinn and Jim Ward. Does Cincinnati has room for UB AD Mark Alnutt and Jim Whitesell? Cincinnati can have the UB President too who is good for nothing when it comes to UB athletics in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Did Coach Mo date your sister or something? Steal your lunch money as a kid?

• Like 3

The Bennett High school coach (whose team won the State championship today) said that he heard the rumor of Mo going to Cincinnati and said he should take UB recruit Jayden Lewis with him.

That would be crushing to lose that kid.

Lewis had 12 rush for 169yds, 3 receptions for 60 yards,  three long TD’s.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UB Horns Up said:

Cincinnati can have the UB President too who is good for nothing when it comes to UB athletics in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Division 1 Conference Championship winning teams

1991-2003 [Bill Greiner]- 10 (All ECC and Mid-Con titles, none MAC)

2003-2010 [Simpson] - 2 MAC

2011-Present [Tripathi] - 17 MAC (and 1 Individual NCAA T&F champion)

Edited by RecoveringHillbilly
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Looks like Cinci is going with Scott Satterfield from Louisville.

I'm sure there will be someone to take him that will be a step up. Coastal Carolina needs a coach, there will be plenty of others once the dust settles. The MAC is close to the bottom, so almost anywhere can provide more money and a stepping stone, which is all any coach is looking for.

22 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I'm sure there will be someone to take him that will be a step up. Coastal Carolina needs a coach, there will be plenty of others once the dust settles. The MAC is close to the bottom, so almost anywhere can provide more money and a stepping stone, which is all any coach is looking for.

Coastal hiring the OC from NC State. North Texas, Mo’s home state, could be intrigued as they just made a move. They’re about to jump to the AAC. But, they need to hire an AD first. 

Edited by DaBulls99

43 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Coastal hiring the OC from NC State. North Texas, Mo’s home state, could be intrigued as they just made a move. They’re about to jump to the AAC. But, they need to hire an AD first. 

Now Louisville has to backfill and may pluck Brohm from Purdue, which will result in more moving parts. It will be a shit show as most off season are. My only request is that if he does go, make it December/January and not April/May.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:53 PM, zigo230 said:

The Bennett High school coach (whose team won the State championship today) said that he heard the rumor of Mo going to Cincinnati and said he should take UB recruit Jayden Lewis with him.

That would be crushing to lose that kid.

Lewis had 12 rush for 169yds, 3 receptions for 60 yards,  three long TD’s.

You mean Bennett HS coach and former UB linebacker Steve McDuffie ('95) - and NYS champion!