Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 NCAA Tournament

MuchMany

6 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Furman held on to win!  Love these lower seeds taking out the P5 teams.

Almost feels like we were cheated out of that kind of moment by blowing Arizona out.

Here's to the first of many overdue goodbyes to the longhaul super seniors. Goodbye Kihei Clark.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Almost feels like we were cheated out of that kind of moment by blowing Arizona out.

Here's to the first of many overdue goodbyes to the longhaul super seniors. Goodbye Kihei Clark.

Oh we def were. We were the darlings for a night then UMBC happened. Remember Arizona was public enemy number 1 bc of the scandal they were going through too. 

2 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

And another P5 falls, 2 Arizona to 15 Princeton.  Who’s next?

Maybe Colgate? They’ve cut Texas’ lead to single digits with under 6:00 to go. Texas - who shoots 34% from 3 and averages 7 makes/game - has made 13/22 (59%) so far tonight. 

41 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Do we root for Kent? Don’t like a rival but always nice to see an upset like that, plus they deserve to be the MAC representative. 

Of the MAC teams that made the tournament in the last 15 years that are not Buffalo (Akron, Ohio, Kent, WMU but they don't count), I find Kent the easiest to root for. Sure the games we play against them turn into a boxing match at times but I don't have the same hatred of them that I do with Akron and Ohio.

Given that there's a financial incentive for UB I wouldn't mind if they won a game or two. When Ohio wins games I view it as it sucks but okay at least we get a little bit more money to compensate.

51 minutes ago, rma said:

Given that there's a financial incentive for UB I wouldn't mind if they won a game or two. 

I think Kent is dangerous with Sincere Carry leading the way. He’s just one of those guys who always seems to come up big when they need him most. Always seems to knock down a 3 from wherever he wants, despite only shooting 30% from deep this year. If I had to guess his 3P% I would’ve thought a lot higher than 30…hell, even Hardnett shot 34% this year 😆

2 hours ago, Blue03 said:

Do we root for Kent? Don’t like a rival but always nice to see an upset like that, plus they deserve to be the MAC representative. 

I always root for the Mac team in round one, if they win then I root against them in round two

Nice to see one win for the conference but gotta keep them in check at the same time 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:
8 hours ago, Blue03 said:

I’m not mistaken don’t the Mac teams split money the further a team goes in the dance? I could be wrong there.

The money is split conference wide.  The more they win, the more money for UB.

1 minute ago, DocCas86 said:

Your post and just a little bit of Sanogo!

Sanogo is just unreal.  A bigger, stronger, more agile version of Mballa. And he just showed he can knock it down from outside, though they just changed it to a 2. Shot 17/48 (35.4%) from 3 on the season.  UB could use a guy like him!