Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 NCAA Tournament

MuchMany

13 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Arkansas did what I always scream at my TV to do. (Did you hear me, Coach Burke?) When you have a 3 point lead with seconds left, you foul.

And Arkansas fouled two times up by 3 inside of 10 seconds left if I’m not mistaken…though the second one didn’t seem intentional but still effective with only 3 secs remaining

Always love March madness and tonight I get to watch two old friends of mine play, Jalen Pickett and Don Carey. Both played for Siena when I was a student there. Jalen and I became good friends at orientation and he lived in the room right next to me  our freshman year. Hopefully he becomes a lottery pick this year. Don Carey and I had a class together and he would play pickup with my friends and I when he was available. Both are great guys and it’s awesome to see them play well for their respective teams

Edited by Dabulls
  • Like 1

Question. I saw a game earlier where at the end of the half/game after a made basket, the clock would stop until the inbounder got the ball. In contrast, in the Alabama game (and probably all the UB games I've watched), the clock would just keep running at the end of the half. What is the official rule on when the clock should be stopped after a made basket at the end of the game/half?

Edited by bullsbball

14 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Another 1 seed falls.  Will Houston and Alabama survive the night?

I was so sure of Auburn beating Houston in my bracket. They were doing so well and then all of a sudden they flipped off like a switch, don’t know if I’ve ever seen such a collapse outside of the UB program.

22 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Mark Sears is a really nice player for Alabama. It's impressive he's playing big minutes for the best team in America after starting at Ohio. Always thought it was cool that Oats went back to the MAC to grab the guy who belonged up a level.

Oats has definitely mined his local/regional ties to fill out his rosters.  Sears this year, Dom Welch this year, James Rojas for a few years.  A rising tide lifts all boats.

Anyone watch Kansas State v. Michigan State? Toward the end of OT it appeared that MS player fouled KS player’s 3 pt attempt. I had a few distractions and the sound was off, but when I returned to the game  a minute later KS was not awarded any free throws. What happened?

5 minutes ago, 1975 said:

Anyone watch Kansas State v. Michigan State? Toward the end of OT it appeared that MS player fouled KS player’s 3 pt attempt. I had a few distractions and the sound was off, but when I returned to the game  a minute later KS was not awarded any free throws. What happened?

Are you talking about when the ball was deflected out of bounds by MSU on the 3 attempt and they reviewed it?

8 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

MSU player barely tipped the ball on the way up, which was the reason for the air ball out of bounds. K-State awarded the ball after the replay review. 

Aha! I didn’t catch that part. Thanks!

49 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

That shot by Strawther for Gonzaga last night was incredible. Onions! UCLA fans have to absolutely hate the Zags after Suggs now this.

As far as tonight, Let's go Texas! Hook 'Em Horns! UB Horns Up! 🤘😅

It was the same play Villanova tan to beat UNC in the title game. Same exact play. 

5 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It was the same play Villanova tan to beat UNC in the title game. Same exact play. 

Yup, just flipped. Funny that neither team actually needed a three. UCLA defender sniffed it out and challenged but Strawther had ice water in his veins.