Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2023 NCAA Tournament

MuchMany

That transfer portal is cool. One and dones are flashy but it seems to me that experience, physicality and defense are what’s winning in this tournament so far. The transfer portal is like NFL free agency, you use it to fill a need. Not to build. You build through recruiting and developing. Much like the nfl draft. And in the end, if you win players won’t portal out as much. 

2 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

UConn making Gonzaga look like a D2 team

UConn looking like the juggernaut they appeared before New Years. Beat us by 20 in November, beat Gonzaga by 28 in the Elite 8. I hate UConn back to the El-Amin days, but I somehow like this team. Dan Hurley is cementing himself as one of the best coaches in the country.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

What an ending by SDST. Good thing some guys can still make mid-range jump shots, eh?

Perfect storm of crap for FAU…phantom calls by refs, epically bad defensive rebounding, really poor strategy on last possession (I know the arguments each way, but I hate the one they chose).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Heard someone mention that UB was the only non-Big East team to cover the spread against UCONN the entire season (by 0.5). Impressive season and tournament run for a team unranked in preseason. 

We had our moments and I think we actually played well in that game for the most part.

4 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

We had our moments and I think we actually played well in that game for the most part.

To be fair UConn was missing two of their best players in that game (Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins), but it was also on their home court. UB had a decent effort but I was in on UConn since that game, such a deep team that they handled UB without either Jackson or Hawkins. Tristen Newton had a triple double in that game. Congrats to UConn

14 hours ago, Bluebird96 said:

Pretty neat watching the post-game tonight  and seeing 2 people with some of the biggest names in CBB with connections to UB coaches in the recent past and now the present, Dan Hurley and Jay Wright. 

I'm all for the bother of a former UB coach winning the NCAA Mens basketball championship. 

1 hour ago, everlast2504 said:

I'm all for the bother of a former UB coach winning the NCAA Mens basketball championship. 

I am sure that Bobby bothered Danny many times while they were growing up. 

🙂

I shouldn't point out typos - especially since I am king of the typos - but couldn't pass on opportunity to make a joke.  Please don't take it personally.