Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ryan Sabol (G)

Jeseph

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

His team is really stacked and young. Seems to be a top of the scoresheet every game, surprised nobody else offered him unless his game really took off this year in particular. I saw one of his teammates is committed to Harvard. 

from what I’ve read and watched he’s a three point shooter, whether it’s spot up or pick and pop. Has really good range and decent ball handle. He’s Collin Gillespie type player 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, capencaper said:

😴

I hope this means sleeper 😂. Surprised he doesn't have offers after playing a national schedule with Gonzaga, esp from any Patriots or Ivies. I like the places our staff is identifying overlooked talent early on. 

Sabol appears the archetype of a Nova-style, mid-major level recruit. Shooter with motor, smarts, and solid size who plays off two feet. Should be able to be a secondary ball-handler. Tibbs and now Presutti follow him on Twitter, but I imagine Cage is also involved with his DC connections. 

• Like 2

From the videos he shoots at a very high level (very high), his dribble needs work to be more than a spot shooter though in my opinion 

This is now the second player that UB was their first D1 scholarship. I'm guessing the coaching staff expects and needs to re fill a lot of the roster. Building a base of depth first is a good way to approach it. Guys 8,9,10 etc that will be here for 4 years and maybe develop into something more as upper classmen. The glue guys 

• Like 3

We can’t fault or complain about coach Halcovage for building a roster. As @Tee4three said, finding glue guys/program guys. Coach has the luxury of time to build. I get we all want instant results and flashy signees. But let’s not forget what got us into the mess…trying to put bandaids on compound fractures. Meaning, trying to find the plug and play portal hit and not roster building.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

We can’t fault or complain about coach Halcovage for building a roster. As @Tee4three said, finding glue guys/program guys. Coach has the luxury of time to build. I get we all want instant results and flashy signees. But let’s not forget what got us into the mess…trying to put bandaids on compound fractures. Meaning, trying to find the plug and play portal hit and not roster building.  

Well said 

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Bandaids on compound fractures….I am going to steal that one

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, MuchMany said:

Hello! An actual basketball fan! Can you post more around here? 😂

Ha! I live in Philly and try to get to as many local games as possible - and then of course if it has tie-ins to the UB basketball community, I try and take closer note. The PCL is unparalleled in regards to competition and season long rigor and the semis and finals at the Palestra are a great atmosphere. I made it to the Giant Center in Hershey for the first time to see Roman Catholic take on Reading HS (largest HS in PA). PIAA is still old and not amendable to a shot clock which hurts the game overall. 

I'd be happy to post as much as it's relevant. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I cringe a bit when I see his feet being spread so far when he elevates for an open shot, but I feel better when said shot goes in.  It's just strange foot positioning.

Couldn’t care less about that, but I do remember recently the NBA started cracking down on people kicking other people when doing so. Hopefully Sabol doesn’t have issues in college. 

• admin pinned this topic
  • Jeseph unpinned this topic