Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Sultan Adewale (PF - England)

Jeseph

• Jeseph changed the title to Sultan Adewale (PF - England)
7 hours ago, Bill said:

Visiting here Sunday it seems 

As a follower of big-time CBB recruiting, it's cool getting UB recruiting updates from Zagoria, the east coast authority.

Seems like he'd be a nice addition. Hopefully Coach G's deep Philly connections are helping make quick inroads. Interest from Nova but never an offer, seems we're targeting their leftovers (which is great). Most of his P5 offers were two years ago as a rising junior so I assume they're no longer current. It might be between us and Iona.

44 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

As a follower of big-time CBB recruiting, it's cool getting UB recruiting updates from Zagoria, the east coast authority.

Seems like he'd be a nice addition. Hopefully Coach G's deep Philly connections are helping make quick inroads. Interest from Nova but never an offer, seems we're targeting their leftovers (which is great). Most of his P5 offers were two years ago as a rising junior so I assume they're no longer current. It might be between us and Iona.

Very much like the Kuluel Mading commitment. He was heavily touted out of HS and was being offered left and right by some big schools. He ended up committing to Howard but decommitted. After his decommit schools lost interest in him and Buffalo came and swooped him up. 

Sultan’s situation is different but mirrors what Kuluel went through. Hopefully Coach can land him, I believe Tibbs is the lead recruiter on him currently 

51 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Most likely UB or Iona, he has a visit with Iona tomorrow.  Maybe there could be another commitment next week?

On 4/26/2023 at 7:03 PM, Tee4three said:

He play with Zakir? Same high school right

Same HS, same tough Philly Catholic League. School is in South Philly and played for legendary coach Carl Arrigale.  I first saw him play during his Jr year at a early season showcase at the Sixers Wilmington G-League facility against the all-boys Salesianum School. He was good and that team went on to win both the PCL and the PIAA championship. He played two seasons with PG Robert Wright who's headed to Baylor and participated in this years USA basketball U-17 team.  This season Neumann-Goretti lost both the PCL chip to Roman Catholic and then lost the PIAA championship game to Lincoln Park from Pittsburgh who has the states #1 2025 player on their team.

I think he would fit in nicely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, myBuffalo said:

Same HS, same tough Philly Catholic League. School is in South Philly and played for legendary coach Carl Arrigale.  I first saw him play during his Jr year at a early season showcase at the Sixers Wilmington G-League facility against the all-boys Salesianum School. He was good and that team went on to win both the PCL and the PIAA championship. He played two seasons with PG Robert Wright who's headed to Baylor and participated in this years USA basketball U-17 team.  This season Neumann-Goretti lost both the PCL chip to Roman Catholic and then lost the PIAA championship game to Lincoln Park from Pittsburgh who has the states #1 2025 player on their team.

I think he would fit in nicely. 

Our Philly insider! 😎 How do you think he'd look at the MAC level as a frosh?

PS that Lincoln Park star is (Duke-bound) Meleek Thomas right? I'd like to find tape of that game. 

Edited by MuchMany

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

Hope they have the red carpet all ready to roll out at Alumni. Too much? 😂

Iona has been getting a slew of commitments recently, not sure if there’s a ton of competition at the PF spot. I think having Zaakir on the team may help sway his decision, especially if they played or know each other well. I could see sultan playing at the SF position if we wanted a taller lineup, got a decent shot it seems.