Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 Transfer Portal

Ubbullsfan09

55 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Just crazy how this system is. Transfer out after the season, sign somewhere, then leave out before even getting out of the current academic year. I'd imagine the D coach who was from UB, who was let go from Utah State influenced the decision, but still, this whole system is such a joke. "Good" teams just buy the best players, no players (or coaches) have the slightest bit of loyalty to a school/team ever. Just call it what it is, semi-pro sports or minor league sports, or something along those lines. This is no way student-athlete/academic driven to be bouncing around year after year, so get rid of the whole nonsense of it all, at least in football/basketball (and maybe some of the other sports, although I don't follow them as closely to know the % of transfers year over year).

I wish him the best regardless, he gave plenty to UB over the years (should've stayed however).

So I’m guessing he didn’t actually get any NIL so at best he made a lateral move to follow someone that didn’t know he was on thin ice. Poor decision making at many levels 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

So I’m guessing he didn’t actually get any NIL so at best he made a lateral move to follow someone that didn’t know he was on thin ice. Poor decision making at many levels 

Being a mid major is brutal rn. Gotta hope things change, but the portal is nuts.

29 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Shaun was awesome. But I’d prefer Red Murdock’s athleticism to him. 

I would welcome him back for depth if nothing else, but the rest of the team may not be as welcoming after he quit on them. 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Chet said:

Being a mid major is brutal rn. Gotta hope things change, but the portal is nuts.

Nuts may be a severe understatement. These mid-majors struggle to put asses in the seats. People don’t want to pay $300 for season tickets, now you ask them to shell out a few hundred a month to go to players, then those same players don’t even stay 4 years so you’re really not even rooting for individuals. If someone took this idea to the bank for financing, you would get laughed out of the facility. 

Edited by UBinMD

20 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Nuts may be a severe understatement. These mid-majors struggle to put asses in the seats. People don’t want to pay $300 for season tickets, now you ask them to shell out a few hundred a month to go to players, then those same players don’t even stay 4 years so you’re really not even rooting for individuals. If someone took this idea to the bank for financing, you would get laughed out of the facility. 

As Seinfeld said, you are rooting for laundry.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Just crazy how this system is. Transfer out after the season, sign somewhere, then leave out before even getting out of the current academic year. I'd imagine the D coach who was from UB, who was let go from Utah State influenced the decision, but still, this whole system is such a joke. "Good" teams just buy the best players, no players (or coaches) have the slightest bit of loyalty to a school/team ever. Just call it what it is, semi-pro sports or minor league sports, or something along those lines. This is no way student-athlete/academic driven to be bouncing around year after year, so get rid of the whole nonsense of it all, at least in football/basketball (and maybe some of the other sports, although I don't follow them as closely to know the % of transfers year over year).

I wish him the best regardless, he gave plenty to UB over the years (should've stayed however).

Rumor is there was a family tragedy that made him want/need to come back home, and he will be coming back to play for his hometown Bulls. 

Edited by rma

2 hours ago, rma said:

Rumor is there was a family tragedy that made him want/need to come back home, and he will be coming back to play for his hometown Bulls. 

That's definitely not a good thing, and sorry to hear that. My point still remains the same however. Hopefully everything is ok on his end.

4 hours ago, rma said:

He’ll be the best linebacker on our team this year

I think Red Murdock may have something to say about that. The dude has been all over the field.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Blue03 said:

Guess it’s true, he’s coming home

8A5EC9CF-E664-4EF7-92DF-59DEFCEC2456.png

Should help the D, will need to win back the locker room. I’m guessing more than a few teammates didn’t love him quitting on them 

5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Should help the D, will need to win back the locker room. I’m guessing more than a few teammates didn’t love him quitting on them 

If they liked him before, they don't care. It's not like he went to Akron or another Mac school 

Most players would understand he was doing what he thought was best for his future 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DaBulls99 said:

Also, I think this is another indictment about Mo and hopefully good news about Pete and the culture he’s creating. 

I agree on both counts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

New transfer commit, DE Antonio Colclough. Out of NYC and was at Temple in 2018, 4 years at JMU with a degree, last year All- CAA honorable mention season at Monmouth with 4.5 sacks. 

So this is Year 7 for him??

1 hour ago, Bluebird96 said:

According to sports reference his only FBS stats are 3 games played for JMU in 2022.  Maybe he had a redshirt season or 2 before that 

A kid who was a 4-star WR recruit in 2014 just signed with Arkansas football  after a 10-year minor league baseball career 

On 5/1/2024 at 7:29 AM, UBinMD said:

This one is a bit odd, but maybe there is a new punter in town that is kicking lights out or something. Are punters getting big NIL money? Lembo is a ST guy, so would be interesting to know his thoughts on this loss.

Venneri to Ohio State as PWO https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2024/05/147125/ohio-state-adds-former-buffalo-punter-anthony-venneri-as-walk-on-transfer

50 minutes ago, bowz said:

Good for him I guess. Was he not on scholarship at UB? If so, giving up a starting spot and scholarship would be tough to be a PWO fighting uphill on a BIG10 Team. Hopefully it works out for him.

On 5/11/2024 at 9:01 PM, DaBulls99 said:

Walking on at Ohio State. Competing with 2 other punters. Dumb move if he rides the bench. Great move if he’s the starter. 

And has now been replaced by former Old Dominion and Australian punter Ethan Duane, grad transfer:

image.thumb.png.9b13595540c5fb6bf358059c2b16a014.png

Edited by UBinMD