Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach In: Pete Lembo

Bill

5 hours ago, Blue03 said:

That could come back to bite us. If we settle for “a little bit better” we might end up with a lot of mediocrity. But if the seasons aren’t abysmal we’ll be left not knowing when to move on, at least Mo made it clear when he failed. 

No he didn’t that was part of Maurice Linquist problem he spoke in coaches cliches and said nothing week after week. Maurice Linquist was better than Jim Ward but that isn’t saying much. Yes Maurice Linquist won a bowl game but he had a lot recruiting assets to show off to recruits compared to past UB Bulls football coaches and he failed to deliver results. It was a bad hire he refused to embrace the Western New York community and always had one foot out the Buffalo door from the moment he got here. Maurice Linquist was Bob Hurley without the winning and the coaching smarts. Maurice Linquist we thought we getting the next Turner Gill and we got Jim Ward with ants in his pants to leave Buffalo in Maurice Linquist. Maurice Linquist made a questionable career move? Why because it’s hard on a coaching staff coming in after a coaching legend retires. Alabama fans aren’t going to be happy with mediocre results they expect National Championship there or the season is a failure. Pete Lembo will be successful at UB. I like what Pete Lembo said about not beating ourselves in games. UB football is the King at beating ourselves in games in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

On 1/23/2024 at 11:33 PM, RapidsFan said:

Mo gave notice last month

As we're talking about in the basketball thread,  Rachel Lenzi is less of a journalist and more of a propaganda arm for UB

See also: the podcast above hosted by UB employee Scott Wilson

Again they are irrelevant the Buffalo News I mean the Cleveland News the Buffalo News isn’t even printed in Buffalo anymore. The Buffalo News most likely are going the way of Sports Illustrated. Scott Wilson is most likely an independent contractor that isn’t a UB employee he gets paid through the advertising of whoever is hosting the games. With the blessing from UB and the radio station of course but he isn’t a UB employee like it matters. It doesn’t. Being a UB anything isn’t hot right now the way that UB Bulls basketball team is playing. George Halcovage is one of the worst head coaches since Jim Ringo 1976-77 Buffalo Bills. I want to put a paper bag on my head UB Bulls basketball is that much of an embarrassment. I think UB Bulls basketball should just forfeit the rest of the season and save the money to hire a new head basketball coach that knows what he is doing in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 1/24/2024 at 11:43 AM, everlast2504 said:

It felt much faster. Especially compared to the time it took the Basketball hire. 

Apples and oranges there are over 300 Division I basketball head coaching jobs there are only a little over a 100 Division I FBS football head coaching jobs. I realize this board favors UB basketball but UB isn’t a basketball school it never was it’s a football school. When I growing up in Western New York I never heard of Clark Hall. Buffalo basketball was the Buffalo Braves and the Little Three basketball schools at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. UB played Division I basketball and few knew about it. They were irrelevant in 1970’s and 1980’s Western New York. I heard of UB football with the late Clip Smith doing there Division III games on Saturday afternoons with RB Alan Bell, QB Marty Barrett players like that but other than that UB athletics was like what? Don’t confuse a few good years under Bobby Hurley and a great coach like Nate Oats as UB Bulls are this basketball school they aren’t. UB Bulls are a football school and Maurice Linquist was running what was built with football into the ground. I am glad h Maurice Linquist left before he created anymore damage. It’s going to take Pete Lembo three years to undo the damage Maurice Linquist created in three years here in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

On 1/23/2024 at 10:12 PM, MKBullsfan said:

Here’s the main question I have now for this new coach….so who’s going to be the QB?

It doesn’t matter who the UB Bulls quarterback is. The UB Bulls are going to be a run first team especially in the MAC when the weather gets cold in MACtion games. Pete Lembo I believe is going to have to do what Lance Leipold did built a strong offensive line in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by UB Horns Up

1 minute ago, BrooklynBull said:

Does he last three years before UB Horns Up is calling for him to be fired?

I am not calling Pete Lembo to ever be fired because the UB donors are incapable of NIL one. And two as bad as Maurice Linquist was UB donors out did themselves with George Halcovage. The UB mascot Victor E. Bull would get better basketball results. I can’t stomach watching UB Bulls basketball anymore live it’s that bad I watch games on ESPN+ archives because UB Bulls basketball is unwatchable live anymore. As bad as Reggie Witherspoon is at least that terrible coach is retiring at the end of the season from Canisius Golden Griffins. Reggie Witherspoon’s contract is up and there will be no more Canisius University contracts for Reggie Witherspoon in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Go Griffs! Let’s Go Buffalo 

5 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Three years? More like after the 2024 season opener.

God help us all if he loses game 1 at home to FCS Lafayette. He can lose every other game, please just not that one 😂
image.jpeg.96741f2dc139f600bbe8dc411964285f.jpeg

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Three years? More like after the 2024 season opener.

No way because UB AD Mark Alnutt is worse hiring coaches than the Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula. George Halcovage hire has changed me in a complete distrust of the people making the coaching hiring decisions at UB. George Halcovage is so bad I want Jim Whitesell back. Do UB alums/fans understand UB is a flagship university to New York State and UB men’s basketball isn’t going to qualify for the MAC tournament. Never mind the NCAA tournament the MAC tournament because we aren’t top 8 teams. That is ridiculous. Pete Lembo is the only one that sounds like he knows what the heck he is doing at UB athletics maybe he should be the UB AD too since he said he done a little bit of everything. Kathy Hochul gave this school a great opportunity with AI today. UB needs to get there act together the UB Bulls basketball team is joke. UB would be better off with Reggie Witherspoon than that bum George Halcovage. Fire George Halcovage or just drop men’s UB basketball completely it’s bringing the UB school shield down. Someone has to be held accountable for hiring a coach who can’t coach at UB. I have never seen anything this bad in decades in Buffalo sports. George Halcovage has to go buy him out with the $750,000 Alabama football money for buying out Maurice Linquist but get rid of George Halcovage he can’t coach. This is a subject I know I have been in a Division I college basketball program on the inside at Canisius many moons ago. I know if a basketball coach can coach or not. George Halcovage can’t coach folks it’s as plain as day to see in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

18 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

This looks to be an excellent hire. Ball State was 14th in the nation in rushing yards per game allowed. And I like the idea of hiring a coach from the conference for the exact same job here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rma said:

This looks to be an excellent hire. Ball State was 14th in the nation in rushing yards per game allowed. And I like the idea of hiring a coach from the conference for the exact same job here.

He is hiring people he is comfortable with and has worked with before. 

At the end of the day, the MAC is the worst FBS conference.   So the bar is low if you want to play FBS football across the MAC.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Lembo gets enough decent players to get to six wins this first year.  

The DL hire has inspired a "Fucking Pete" thread on the Ball State board. Maybe a bit of a rivalry while Lembo is here? Maybe I'll have to try the Olive Garden in Muncie, as Lembo highlighted that in the press conference I posted earlier in the thread. Looks to be the highest rated of the three Italian restaurants in Muncie.

Edit: Actually it appears that there's only two Italian restaurants in Muncie, as one is either an Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday's pretending to be an Italian restaurant on google. And this is of course counting Olive Garden as Italian.....

Screenshot2024-01-26at9_03_55PM.thumb.png.2b9feb1e32c317f40a40bec97d718c8d.png

Edited by rma
  • Haha 1