Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2024 Transfer Interest

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

https://americanriver.prestosports.com/sports/mbkb/2023-24/players/nickgravesplei

Current offers from NAIA schools.  Interest from us and a couple of Ivy League schools.  I don't know if this goes anywhere.

I wouldn't mind a push towards some of these Ivy type players, etc. Usually good team players and have solid fundamentals. Not always the flashy guys, but really help when you need a full team of contributors to win.

I’d settle for a PG who can shoot the 3 in the high 30s/40% range, is able to drive to the hoop, distributes the ball selflessly, is a team-first win at all costs type of player, plays solid D, and doesn’t turn the ball over with reckless abandon.   That’s it.  Now go find him, George! 😂

12 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I wouldn't mind a push towards some of these Ivy type players, etc. Usually good team players and have solid fundamentals. Not always the flashy guys, but really help when you need a full team of contributors to win.

I do like possibility of team first players with solid fundamentals.  The only reference I have to CCCAA is Lucas Saleh, so I don't have a real sense of his abilities.  

In watching his highlights, he seems to move well and get himself open, which is a positive for sure. He has some quickness, but a few of the plays he got away with in the video would be a no go at this level. He has a quick release and good form. You can also tell he is a confident shooter (like the dude from Oakland), you need that mentality. I didn't see a ton of his passing abilities on the video, it was focused more on the offensive game. I did like the charges he was drawing and made some good moves to get steals and just be quicker to the ball. Overall, I think he could a solid contributor. Not our #1 player, but I could see him playing 20-25 minutes.

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

https://americanriver.prestosports.com/sports/mbkb/2023-24/players/nickgravesplei

Current offers from NAIA schools.  Interest from us and a couple of Ivy League schools.  I don't know if this goes anywhere.

Assuming academics still has something to do with college athletics, how does this guy have interest and offers from these schools and UB, Penn and Columbia?  UB and the two Ivies would seem strange given all of the other schools listed, especially the Ivies and a JUCO transfer.

30 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Assuming academics still has something to do with college athletics, how does this guy have interest and offers from these schools and UB, Penn and Columbia?  UB and the two Ivies would seem strange given all of the other schools listed, especially the Ivies and a JUCO transfer.

I agree an incongruous list.  I am not going to try to fathom the explanation.  It is possible that the list is not accurate.  Just passing info along, take from it what you will.

2 hours ago, MuchMany said:

This guy seems awfully redundant with Sabol already here. We need more tough, athletic MAC-style guards imo.

Never say no to shooter. Never. Hopefully he moves better laterally on defense than Sabol. But you never say no to shooter. Especially when we brick from 3 most games.

38 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Never say no to shooter. Never. Hopefully he moves better laterally on defense than Sabol. But you never say no to shooter. Especially when we brick from 3 most games.

Ehh there are shooters everywhere and judging by this kid's list, hundreds of the best schools are saying "no." You can only roster 1-2 shooters who can't play D. 

21 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Ehh there are shooters everywhere and judging by this kid's list, hundreds of the best schools are saying "no." You can only roster 1-2 shooters who can't play D. 

If there are shooters everywhere why haven’t we had any since Oats? I’m speaking in general. Not referring to this kid. Just the general discussion of having shooters.

20 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Slightly different I know, but 348 D1 women’s basketball teams didn’t even call Rana El Husseini back. It only takes one team and put a player in the right spot to succeed. How many teams didn’t want the kid from Oakland that put up 10 3s on Kentucky?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UBinMD said:

And slow and non athletic. The guard play in the MAC has normally been good. Give me some guys with some athleticism.

2 minutes ago, Chet said:

And slow and non athletic. The guard play in the MAC has normally been good. Give me some guys with some athleticism.

I’m all for athleticism as long as it doesn’t turn into street 1 on the world basketball because they think their skills are unmatched.

• Haha 1

Canisius board has a post with "word on campus" is Tahj Staveskie and Xzavier Long "both looking to follow Cage to UB". I always liked Tahj's game and he could/would really push Fulcher for the PG spot we need. Long rebounds well and could/would be a nice replacement for Graham, though unsure if he would just overlap with Batchelor.

Edited by RecoveringHillbilly
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Canisius board has a post with "word on campus" is Tahj Staveskie and Xzavier Long "both looking to follow Cage to UB". I always liked Tahj's game and he could/would really push Fulcher for the PG spot we need. Long rebounds well and could/would be a nice replacement for Graham, though unsure if he would just overlap with Batchelor.

Interesting, would be solid pick ups

Staveskie was preseason all MAAC not sure what happened this season, although canisius seemed like as much of a disaster season as UB did. Think I saw they finished with only 7 scholarship players 

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

Interesting, would be solid pick ups

Staveskie was preseason all MAAC not sure what happened this season, although canisius seemed like as much of a disaster season as UB did. Think I saw they finished with only 7 scholarship players 

I wouldn’t be opposed to one or both