Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron @ Buffalo (2/29 - 2pm)

Jeseph

1 minute ago, squire17 said:

Bulls at 9-7. Probably will end up 10-8. Host a game here. Maybe win it. Maybe win one in Cleveland. That would put them at 21-13 assuming one win in Cleveland. Are they good enough to win the CBI? Surely by then they will have gelled as a team. Next year? 

Nah, we won’t pay for a game. 

I thought we said during Hurley we won’t be playing in those going forward 

We have two games left to figure it out before it becomes do or die. But where has our defense and rebounding gone? 

All our flaws were exposed this week going 0-2. Ugh I’ve lost confidence in this team. And when in doubt teams will just throw a 2-3 zone against us and we still haven’t figured that out. 

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

Graves is not a good defender nor is he a reliable shooter. He can get hot as he did last week. Unfortunately that is the exception rather than the rule. 

Agreed. Inconsistent player, can score 28 pts and get hot or 10 pts on poor shooting. He’s shown this entire season, just not a consistent elite caliber player. And he’s never been a great defender. Problem is we don’t have one guy who we can rely on like that. BG got Turner, Akron got Jackson, NIU got German. We don’t have anyone like that.

14 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Agreed. Inconsistent player, can score 28 pts and get hot or 10 pts on poor shooting. He’s shown this entire season, just not a consistent elite caliber player. And he’s never been a great defender. Problem is we don’t have one guy who we can rely on like that. BG got Turner, Akron got Jackson, NIU got German. We don’t have anyone like that.

The go to player/mac player of the contender is the piece this years team is missing

I think most entering the season realized we didn't have one, but most including myself thought a player would have developed into one by now

The one player that has shown the most flashes of this in my opinion has been Williams but still needs a little more time

48 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

The go to player/mac player of the contender is the piece this years team is missing

I think most entering the season realized we didn't have one, but most including myself thought a player would have developed into one by now

The one player that has shown the most flashes of this in my opinion has been Williams but still needs a little more time

Agree with you there Williams has shown flashes, but not consistent there either. I thought Graves would have taken that next step, but he just hasn’t.

Graves is a great Robin and has a game every once in a while in which he is Batman. Jordan can score but isn’t a scorer. Hardnett showed flashes earned a starting spot and has fallen off a cliff. Segu has hit a wall recently. And the two biggest disappointments are Grant and Nickleberry (yes I know he’s hurt). We need to play better team basketball. On both ends of the floor. It just seems we are still trying to figure out roles yet the season ends in 3 games if we don’t get our ish together.

• Like 3

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
On 2/29/2020 at 6:13 PM, Ubbulls84 said:

Agree with you there Williams has shown flashes, but not consistent there either. I thought Graves would have taken that next step, but he just hasn’t.

Also agree Williams has shown some improvement over the last few games. The ankle injury from two games ago does seem to  have affected some of his movement. Also all the MAC coaches know Williams can only drive left and shoot left or stays out by the three point line and shoots 3’s. Unless he can adapt his game it could be very tough for him offensively. It will be up to him and the coaching staff to turn him into a player with more than one move to the basket. Go Bulls!!!