Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowling Green

Dabulls

Should be a great game! Thankfully we will have a healthy lineup going into the game. Turner will be hard to stop but Ball State found ways to neutralize him. If we can slow down Turner I believe we will come away with a win. I don’t believe Swindle will be able to cover Mballa all to well so BGs paint presence shouldn’t be too much of a worry

This is a big game, a couple things it should show

1. Lets see if the recent games are UB and its players maturing or if they are the same team as last season - very streaky

2. The Mac is starting to separate into tiers, are we gonna be in the top tier with Toledo and maybe Ohio or will we be in the tier just below

29 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

This is a big game, a couple things it should show

1. Lets see if the recent games are UB and its players maturing or if they are the same team as last season - very streaky

2. The Mac is starting to separate into tiers, are we gonna be in the top tier with Toledo and maybe Ohio or will we be in the tier just below

I agree with these.  Can't help but feel like this is a benchmark game.  BG is clearly one of the top teams in the conference - regardless of their loss to Ball State.  It's fair to call Toledo the favorite, but can we put UB in the "contenders tier" along with teams like BG and Ohio?

For as much as we've beaten a dead horse over the past few months, this team is actually playing fairly well right now, all things considered.  We all know the concerns - free throw shooting, bench production - but they've looked like an entirely different team with Mballa back and healthy.  

Obviously only March will matter in the grand scheme of things, but a win tonight could put the rest of the conference on notice that UB is still a top dog.  For what it's worth, Vegas has UB as a 5-point favorite.  I expect a close back-and-forth battle between two good teams.

Ive generally never been one to get too up or down throughout the season. Its too difficult even in our best years recently the start is not always indicative of the finish.

However tonight's performance would go a long way in showing that this group could be legit and more consistent. Even if they lose Ive already loved what Ive seen from most of the big guys compared to last season.

Just now, Erie County said:

Absolutely not, they look worse

Lead now 16 in one of the worst halfs I've seen at home in a long time

Add in Graves not able to make a single FG/FT or anything is bad bad bad news

Not the tv time out

The one whitesell took that lasted 30 secomds lol

After the under 4 they went back to garbage