Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Nebraska Game Week!

UBinMD

28 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

It showed up as 382 or 384 (I can't remember which one) on spectrum (Erie County) on mine when I searched for it warlier in the week.

384 is SEC Network for me.  BTN is in the guide, but is on a premium sports-extra tier.  Same with Pac-12 Network.  I don't get either channel (though apparently we now get ACC Network, I was able to watch some last week).  Will probably have to seek a stream.

39 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

384 is SEC Network for me.  BTN is in the guide, but is on a premium sports-extra tier.  Same with Pac-12 Network.  I don't get either channel (though apparently we now get ACC Network, I was able to watch some last week).  Will probably have to seek a stream.

BTN is part of fox sports, check into their streaming service might be a free trial period you could use for the game. Just remember to cancel it ha

• Like 1

Greetings from Lincoln! Hope there is some great travel from Buffalo fans to Lincoln. 

1. If you or anyone you know is traveling, let them know that hospitality from Husker fans is legendary. Find a tailgate party, and I guarantee you won't leave without a eating a ton of food and drinks. 

2. Nobody is overlooking Buffalo, certainly not the fans, and our team hasn't Had the right to look over anybody for years. It's going to be a tough and close game. And If Buffalo can do 2 things, you will come out with the victory. First, no major mistakes. We will make enough to give you 10-14 points alone. It's just a given sadly. Second, stay healthy. It's going to be 100 degrees with some of the worst humidity you can imagine. I'm guessing field temp will be feeling like 120. Buffalo, as the traveling team does not benefit from this.

Aside from those very basic thoughts. We have your respect and honestly not a ton for ourselves. We will learn a lot this game and obviously I hope we find a way to win.

Good luck!!

Edited by Skers Fan
  • Like 5

Here are the three possibilities that I see in order of probability:

1.  The game is close and goes back and forth during the first half with some key mistakes by the Huskers allowing the Bulls to lead at halftime.  However, the heat allows the Husker depth to be a factor in the second half and they pull out a wind, but don't cover.

2.  The Bulls get up early and the Huskers start to press and lose discipline on defense and make critical errors on offense and the Bulls win.

3.  All of the talk of the players holding each other accountable and being more disciplined then in years past finally comes to fruition and the Huskers take control and don't look back, winning comfortably.  (this one is probably fantasy, but well, why not fantasize a little.

Good luck to the Bulls (but not too much) Hopefully, everyone stays healthy and we don't see too many fans drop in the heat.

I think the +13.5 spread is fair and reflects the average of expected outcomes, but I have trouble seeing it being just a 14-point loss.  I see it as either UB comes to play, puts up a strong effort, and this game is close late into the 4th with a coin-flip ending....or Nebraska comes out firing, UB plays from behind all day, and Nebraska ends up with a big (i.e. more than 14 point) win.  But who knows, they're Vegas and I'm not.  I suppose the close-game ending could end up with Nebraska putting up some late insurance points to get it to a 14-point line.

All of the talk about Nebraska's struggles is valid, but this is still a brand name, household name P5 school, and you're playing at their place.  I don't care how well UB has been playing of late, they'll be underdogs in this game and rightfully so.  

What I'm most looking forward to seeing is how the team plays for Coach Mo.  Plenty of new faces on UB, but there's plenty of returning faces as well, guys who have won bowl games, played for MAC championships, had that elusive top 25 ranking.  And Coach Mo spent plenty of years both playing and coaching in P5 and the NFL.  I want to see them come out composed, act like you've been there before.  Play your game, play tough, and know you're going up against a good team in a tough environment.  Limit the mistakes and capitalize on whichever mistakes Nebraska makes.

End of the day, this isn't the 2013 Mack-era Bulls rolling into The Shoe to take on #2 Ohio State, completely outmatched.  While again, they're deserving underdogs, this is a winnable game against a struggling - albeit talented - team with a coach on the hot seat.  I think we learn a bit about Coach Mo today.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

I'm glad the ref didn't swallow his whistle on that one. They could have gotten the home call, but it was 100% a pick.

Agreed. We are getting a little lucky on Nebraska self destruction. Hopefully we can keep moving ball/controlling clock. Also will prob need a turnover or 2 to win this one.

Overall, the most competitive I can remember vs p5 school. Think it will stay like this for full game. 

Edited by UBminicre