Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Miami Week

Obviously, we’ve been drained of our enthusiasm for UB football following the Bowling Green loss. It’s gameday and we haven’t had a post in four days lol

With that in mind, let’s get the Miami thread started. Both teams are 4-5 and coming off bad losses.

Miami was down 28-0 against Ohio before making it a game in the final minutes. Brett Gabbert is one of the better QB’s in the conference and has two solid receivers in Jack Sorenson (elite MAC WR) and Penn State transfer Mac Hippenhammer (who I covered when he was in HS).

The RedHawks defense is solid as well by MAC standards. This game really comes down to can the Bulls secondary contain Miami’s passing game and can UB continue to run the ball effectively.

I think it’ll be close but have Miami pulling it out.

1 minute ago, zigo230 said:

Every MAC team we play, looks so much faster than the Bulls.  Coach needs to recruit some athletes and speed.

Embarrassing. D finally makes a stop and we do a foolish deep ball into triple coverage on the first play. Now our gassed D goes back out and get run over. 100% coaching on those decisions.

8 minutes ago, ubmae86 said:

I shut this off... I can't watch this crap anymore.

WBB beat the crap out of Canisius and hopefully MBB does well tomorrow. A bowl is out the window at this point. Let’s see if Mo can get some recruits and transfers. We will see what a full offseason does for his game plan and staff.

• Like 1

Myers is not a good thrower of the football. No touch whatsoever and to make matters worse,  no accuracy.  Kind of a rough combo for a QB.

Mo has his work cut out for him this offseason. Not sure if it’s all injuries but the team has regressed.  The high point was the 4th Qtr vs Coastal Carolina and the first half against ODU.  There’s been a lot of bad Qtrs of football since then. Thankfully we aren’t Akron level yet.

• Like 1

I mean, I always hope that we're going to do good and kill it, but I still need to remember that Mo only came in like a month before the season. I think the team is showing a lot of good stuff for having to go through such a drastic change so fast.

I certainly hope Mo is taking notes and looking at where he needs to improve next year at recruiting. It'll be a tough rest of the season, but I'm sure we'll come back stronger next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubmae86 said:

I mean, I always hope that we're going to do good and kill it, but I still need to remember that Mo only came in like a month before the season. I think the team is showing a lot of good stuff for having to go through such a drastic change so fast.

I certainly hope Mo is taking notes and looking at where he needs to improve next year at recruiting. It'll be a tough rest of the season, but I'm sure we'll come back stronger next year.

I hope you are right.  The performance today was kind of Quinn level...and had shades of Hofher.  But I think the coach gets a pass for the reasons you mention.  He has his work cut out for him, though.

• Like 2