Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#21 UB @ Miami, OH (3/1 - 8pm EST)

Jeseph

TV Coverage: CBSSN (I have to say it's been awesome to see us on TV so often this year)

Well, March basketball will officially be here on Friday. Can the Bulls continue tightening on defense and step their all-around game up another notch for Conference/NCAA Tournament play?

ESPN's Power Index has the Bulls at 81.7% to win this game. Earlier in the year Hodgson said that this is one of the hardest places to get a win on the road. My assumption is that there is no energy in the building, hopefully being ranked changes that, I think the Bulls prefer a hostile crowd to a dead one (NIU).

On paper the Bulls are significantly better in just about every category Miami doesn't have much talent behind Sibande, the Redhawks only have one other player in double figure scoring and no player on the team gets more than 6rpg.

Defend, defend, defend and make FTs on the road. Let's finish out another strong week.

GO BULLS

• Jeseph pinned this topic
1 minute ago, BrooklynBull said:

Oxford, Ohio is still in the Eastern Time Zone.  It just starting at 8:00 for television.  Kent State - Bowling Green is on at 6:00.

Thank you so much for this insight...

I live in Evansville, IN which is in the Central Time Zone thus, as I said, I forgot to correct for the time zone.

8 hours ago, UB85 said:

This is the one game after our two game road trip wins over Akron and Toledo I worried about the most. Miami manhandled BG last night at bg. This will be a tough one. The boys better be ready to roll at the opening tip. 

With Miami beating BG they will come in with some confidence. Again we need to play 40 minutes of basketball especially on the defensive end. Go Bulls!!!!!

1 hour ago, ubmae86 said:

So if we win this game, we lock up the 1 seed, Right? Anyone know the attendance numbers?

Nope.

We'd get a share of the title, but technically if we beat Miami and lost to Ohio/BG, BG would get the one seed if they win out (Kent/@Akron/@UB)

Edited by Kevin
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Kevin said:

We'd get a share of the title, but technically if we beat Miami and lost to Ohio/BG, BG would get the one seed if they win out (Kent/@Akron/@UB)

I am feeling a Kent State over BG upset. Kent State is gunning for that top 4 spot while BG has been falling back to reality.

3 hours ago, Jeseph said:

I think the team is at a different level of focus right now. I expect a very good Bulls team to take the floor on Friday.

Miami pushing those tickets hard. 

UB is also 1-3 in road games that they've flown to. Something to keep an eye on. 

East of and including Athens, Ohio UB Men's Basketball was
22-5 in 2017-18 (81%)
21-0 in 2018-19 (100%)
43-5 overall (90%)

West of Athens, they were

4-5 in 2017-18 (44%) 
4-3 in 2018-19 (57%)
8-8 overall (50%)

at Miami is the last West of Athens game we'll play this season (excluding possible NCAA games)

5 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

22-5 in 2017-18 (81%)
21-0 in 2018-19 (100%)
43-5 overall (90%)

4-5 in 2017-18 (44%) 
4-3 in 2018-19 (57%)
8-8 overall (50%)

at Miami is the last West of Athens game we'll play this season (excluding possible NCAA games)

That air travel man. It's a thing lol

26 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

22-5 in 2017-18 (81%)
21-0 in 2018-19 (100%)
43-5 overall (90%)

4-5 in 2017-18 (44%) 
4-3 in 2018-19 (57%)
8-8 overall (50%)

Interesting observation. I like the East trend. However, the Bulls were 27-9 last season, not 26-10.

Big opportunity for Bulls tonight.  Losses by Top 20 teams ahead of them give them an opportunity to get back in the AP Top 20 on Monday should they have an impressive win by 20 type of game tonight.  Hope some way some how Harris finds his confidence in his shot again.  Would be a good night to do it against a team who is only 4-3 in league play on their home court.  Go Bulls!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

22-5 in 2017-18 (81%)
21-0 in 2018-19 (100%)
43-5 overall (90%)

4-5 in 2017-18 (44%) 
4-3 in 2018-19 (57%)
8-8 overall (50%)

2 hours ago, Bullsfanallyearlong said:

Would be a good night to do it against a team who is only 4-3 in league play on their home court.

I know that stats don't lie but if we plan on making a run through Cleveland and into the second weekend on the tournament there is no excuse to lose any of our next 3 games. If we can't figure out a way to win games outside of our region there's no chance at making a run in March. Take care of business and beat a Miami team that we should be able to beat handily.