Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

James Naismith Classic - UB vs Harvard (11/16 - 2:30pm ET)

Jeseph

19 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It seems to me ticket prices and winning isn’t a problem. And as long as students are on campus then getting butts in the seats shouldn’t be hard. To get 4K per game barring weather shouldn’t be hard. And 4K is under selling imo.

The problem is priority seating. Call the ticket office and let them break it down for you and then you’ll realize why attendance so far is trash.

Edited by mikescherrer8
Error
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Let’s get back on topic, did anyone catch the Harvard game last night? Bit of an ugly offensive performance from Harvard. I gotta say, UB has an opportunity to come away with a win tomorrow if they don’t beat themselves.

Didn't see the game, but looked at the box score. Harvard did not shoot well from 2PT% - (45% - 14/31).  In addition Harvard had 20 turnovers.  I did look at the box for Northeastern and Maine and Harvard did shoot better in those two games and took better care of the ball.  UB definitely has a shot at winning, but they need to play better than they did against Dartmouth.

One interesting thing from the box - very few personal fouls (both teams combined for 25) / free throws (both teams combined for 13 attempts) in the game.

1 hour ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Let’s get back on topic, did anyone catch the Harvard game last night? Bit of an ugly offensive performance from Harvard. I gotta say, UB has an opportunity to come away with a win tomorrow if they don’t beat themselves.

I believe Harvard played without 3 of its best players.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 12:12 PM, skrabukes said:

It's a pretty big game. While our at-large chances are extremely remote, the game means more to just getting our feet back underneath us after last Friday. It will also build confidence in the fan base. I've heard from many locals who are already off the bandwagon after last week. It's disappointing and unjust to the current team. This would help put some positive back in that fan base. No matter what the fans say, the team could really use a well-played victory. It will be interesting to see how the game plays out. It will be interesting to see what kind of attendance the game draws. I'm going to guess it will be on the low end, both for UB fans and in general.

I'll weigh the pros (decades long fan) and cons of attending (cost of tickets, uncomfortable general admission seating, terrible parking and even worse traffic control by inept campus public safety personnel) once the conference portion of the season is close. Meanwhile, I will attend every women's home game, as I have done through both the lean and the rich years.

21 hours ago, Buffalobonnie said:

I resemble that remark. 

If any of you are venturing to Toronto tomorrow, I will see you there.  What is the guess on number of UB fans there? 

Probably a few, but I wouldn’t imagine there will be tons. Not a marquee matchup. 

If we beat Harvard, I’ll be very surprised. Injuries or not, this is a senior-laden class and they got a good coach.

if we are going to win, we will need a big game from an unlikely player—in addition to Jordan, Graves, and Segu playing lights out.

We miss Perkins most of all, even though CJ was the better player by a bit. We just don’t have a reliable, get a bucket down low guy yet. Hopefully one emerges this year. Next year we should have players who will have bulked up and can play against big D-1 guys in the post  

5 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Bulls getting murdered on the boards. Shooting 20%. I've just seen back to back uncontested air balls from 3.

Sloppy game so far

Considering all the 2nd chance points harvard has and the poor shooting percentage by ub if they can clean it up thus becomes a very winnable game

24 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

It's getting obvious hiring Whitesell was a mistake. Totally undisciplined team. If they were going to hire from within FLJ world have been better.

What makes you say this? Its been 1.5 division 1 games thus far

A lot of the undisciplined actions have been from freshman or sophomores, they'll learn. Besides Johnson who has tried to do too much hero ball and whitesell seemed to have sat him for stretch that half

24 minutes ago, blue said:

Talk out of your ass much?

Indeed, way too soon for this kind of talk. We were all frustrated by the Dartmouth loss but it was always going to take some time to adjust with so many new faces and guys in new roles. A game like this shows just how dangerous this team can be once we get all the kinks worked out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

Indeed, way too soon for this kind of talk. We were all frustrated by the Dartmouth loss but it was always going to take some time to adjust with so many new faces and guys in new roles. A game like this shows just how dangerous this team can be once we get all the kinks worked out.

Not expecting a win but we'll deserved! 

• Like 1

Very nice win. Segu had a coming out party this game wow extremely impressed. I think we’re gonna see him and Jordan on the court a lot at the same time. Even got the Harvard guy Aiken frustrated and committed a flagrant foul. Johnson finally started to hit his shots, hopefully we see that every game. With the exception of Gabe Grant who just looked kinda lost out there, everyone else played well. Impressive win, just gotta work on being better on the boards and clean that up.

4 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

This team is definitely starting to figure out its rotation and player roles

The idea that it's going to take some time to figure out a starting 5 and the rotation and roles is a sane, reasonable comment that flies in the face of some of the over-reactive post-Dartmouth game freak out we've read here.  So thanks.

18 minutes ago, Markscranton said:

great win---good Buffalo basketball.  strong backcourt--graves--segu--johnson--Jordan--saw the potential of Williams --want Brock to come back--help upfront

I was on the road all day so missed the game.  Glad to see they win the game. 

Sorry I am out of the loop, but is Brock expected back?  If so when?