Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Game Night 9pm vs Kent st.

Tee4three

Grabbing a win here would be a massive statement. It would establish pretty firm expectations for success in Cleveland. A hard-fought loss would still leave me hopeful that we can make noise in March. A blowout loss would continue the narrative of JW not being able to compete with the big boys. Excited to see what happens. 

37 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Grabbing a win here would be a massive statement. It would establish pretty firm expectations for success in Cleveland. A hard-fought loss would still leave me hopeful that we can make noise in March. A blowout loss would continue the narrative of JW not being able to compete with the big boys. Excited to see what happens. 

Here's hoping it is not option #3! 😊

6 hours ago, MuchMany said:

I’m not sure we could all handle it, but what about Option #4 - a UB blowout win like we pulled off @ BSU?😂

But seriously, another solid and consistent performance to build on would be good to see.  As of now ESPN.com has Kent as 10.5pt favorites with the over/under at 150.5, so a score somewhere around 80-70. FWIW, UB’s chance to win has gone up since prior to Tuesday’s games, from 9.5% to 12.7%. I’d like to think we have a little better chance than that but we’ll see how it goes. Go Bulls! 🤘

Edited by Bluebird96
  • Like 1

Glass half empty guy here. If we had we shot our season averages of 47%/33%/68% (2pt, 3pt, FT) then it would have been a 4pt game against Ball State. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive but it will be very hard to replicate and is likely an outlier. Prove me wrong tonight, boys, and go take down the Flashes. If they win this one I will be much more optimistic about our chances in Cleveland.

Edited by clodney
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

I’m not sure we could all handle it, but what about Option #4 - a UB blowout win like we pulled off @ BSU?😂

But seriously, another solid and consistent performance to build on would be good to see.  As of now ESPN.com has Kent as 10.5pt favorites with the over/under at 150.5, so a score somewhere around 80-70. FWIW, UB’s chance to win shot up 30% since before Tuesday’s games, from 9.5% to 12.7%. I’d like to think we have a little better chance than that but we’ll see how it goes. Go Bulls! 🤘

Personally I wouldn't mind a few more... 'we are up 15 with 7 minutes to go... do you think it is enough' comments tonight.   :classic_tongue:

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, clodney said:

Glass half empty guy here. If we had we shot our season averages of 47%/33%/68% (2pt, 3pt, FT) then it would have been a 4pt game against Ball State. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive but it will be very hard to replicate and is likely an outlier. Prove me wrong tonight, boys, and go take down the Flashes. If they win this one I will be much more optimistic about our chances in Cleveland.

It will be interesting to see how Kent State plays when they lost their last game at NIU. 

Turnovers will be the key tonight in my opinion, UB keeps the turnovers down they could pull the upset and at least keep it close

Turnovers get out of control and it's a 20pt loss, Kent st like some of our out of conference opponents will make you pay for mistakes 

I want to see the assists and team ball on the offensive end and continued effort leading to fast break points on the defensive side

Also curious if blocker gets any action guarding carry, he has been impressive defensively at times recently 

6 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Nothing to disagree with here

2 hours ago, clodney said:

They tuned the ball over 15 times vs Ball State. 

Just now, MuchMany said:

I don't mind the turnovers on passes as much as the sloppy footwork ones. It's a pretty specific point, but I can't believe that the staff hasn't hammered these guys on sharpening up their pivots and jabs. It looks like a high school team in that regard.

The walks and out of bounds near the sideline is too much