Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

‘23-‘24 Womens Hoops Roster

Jeseph

1 hour ago, ukbro00 said:

Are you insinuating that my facts (losing players, losing coaches, losing games) aren't true?

Calling the program toxic without any real details what may/may not have been going on is crazy. Obviously not a great look from the outside but you don’t have a clue what might be going on. Let’s see how things shake out. Burke overproduced on the court with what she had. Now we’ll see how she develops a program. 

14 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

Calling the program toxic without any real details what may/may not have been going on is crazy. …

Wasn’t that baked in to the original post though “from the outside looking in”?   While I agree with your comment, I don’t understand the opposition to the original post. 

gets a 2023 commit in Kirsten Lewis-Williams, a 5-foot-10 guard who averaged 20.6 points, 8.8 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 4.1 steals per game this season with Lake Norman (NC).

Not sure if we are not bringing in some of the recruits we had before, some of the players currently listed are no longer on the team or what, but this would make player #17 for the fall!

• Like 1

There are some shenanigans going on with UB WBB and this years signing class. I went back in the UBBulls.com archive and found the November 2022 signing class article, the article clearly shows a picture of 7 women but the article just has 2 of these players. I know the article had all of them when I read it originally. Did 5 women decommit? What the hell is going on??

https://ubbulls.com/news/2022/11/10/womens-basketball-womens-basketball-announces-2023-signing-class.aspx

And so it begins...This is a big loss, she is a winner and top player. No idea which side this was on, but very disappointing.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have decided to decommit from the University at Buffalo. I have requested and received my full NLI release. My recruitment is now open."

I fully expect this to happen 4 more times this week or next. I know coach Foust was the recruiting coordinator, so perhaps that was part of the issue and wherever he lands, she lands. She was projected to be the starting PG.

Edited by UBinMD

30 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

And so it begins...This is a big loss, she is a winner and top player. No idea which side this was on, but very disappointing.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have decided to decommit from the University at Buffalo. I have requested and received my full NLI release. My recruitment is now open."

I fully expect this to happen 4 more times this week or next. I know coach Foust was the recruiting coordinator, so perhaps that was part of the issue and wherever he lands, she lands. She was projected to be the starting PG.

And her name is?

1 hour ago, rma said:

Pretty shitty and unprofessional to actually go back and change the article in the archives. I understand things sometimes don't work out, but that is not cool. I would take that to mean the other 5 players are all decommitting. WTF, I understand a new regime, etc. but this is not a good look at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukbro00 said:

Madison Heiss has also just decomitted.

They must have all gotten the same script. Here is Madison Heiss' post:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have prayerfully decided to decommit from the University at Buffalo. I requested and received a complete release from my NLI. My recruitment is now open. “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” Proverbs 16:3 NIV

So, at the end of the season Coach Burke said that all would be better with next year's recruiting class. 

As we all expected, the story is repeating itself again this year.

It sure is a bad sign when all the assistant coaches leave. You have to suspect that all those recruits those coaches brought in would decommit as they are now doing.

I also see Ellis has officially entered the transfer portal as well.

Why, again, should I be optimistic about the team this year?

Edited by bullsbball

2 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

So, at the end of the season Coach Burke said that all would be better with next year's recruiting class. 

As we all expected, the story is repeating itself again this year.

It sure is a bad sign when all the coaches leave. You have to suspect that all those recruits those coaches brought in would decommit as they are now doing.

I also see Ellis has officially entered the transfer portal as well.

Why, again, should I be optimistic about the team this year?

Pretty disheartening for sure. I would think from the outside looking in as a future recruit, one would think twice about Buffalo at this point. Now it's a race to refill the slots and hope some of the returning players get better. 

5 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

There were 7 recruits, 2 are on the roster, 4 have decommitted (all today) and there is one left, JaKayla Thompson, who I fully expect to decommit soon.

Katie Burton (St Johns Transfer), Chanteese Craig (JUCO Transfer), Rana Elhusseini (D2 transfer), Ida Jonsson Ojala (Sweden transfer) have been added. Also Kirsten Lewis-Williams has committed (not signed).

Question is, did the decomits come first or did she continue to look and found better (in her mind). In either case, not awesome.

11 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

This for certain.

Then, my natural followup is why? Is it the 100% assistant coach turnover? To lose basically your entire class is jarring at this stage of the year. It also means the HC did not make the necessary effort to build the direct rapport necessary to retain them.

Edited by UBinMD

39 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

There were 7 recruits, 2 are on the roster, 4 have decommitted (all today) and there is one left, JaKayla Thompson, who I fully expect to decommit soon.

Katie Burton (St Johns Transfer), Chanteese Craig (JUCO Transfer), Rana Elhusseini (D2 transfer), Ida Jonsson Ojala (Sweden transfer) have been added. Also Kirsten Lewis-Williams has committed (not signed).

Question is, did the decomits come first or did she continue to look and found better (in her mind). In either case, not awesome.

Back in February, she was touting them at great. Given past history, have to figure they all left as they saw the ship sinking (e.g. coaches family). 

Even if that wasn't the case, you'd have to figure that bringing in 7 new guards would be an issue with getting playing time.

2 minutes ago, bullsbball said:

Back in February, she was touting them at great. Given past history, have to figure they all left as they saw the ship sinking (e.g. coaches family). 

Even if that wasn't the case, you'd have to figure that bringing in 7 new guards would be an issue with getting playing time.

From a decommit's parent: Just don’t believe anyone that attempts to throw the girls under the bus.

I do not like that at all.

37 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

Then, my natural followup is why? Is it the 100% assistant coach turnover? To lose basically your entire class is jarring at this stage of the year. It also means the HC did not make the necessary effort to build the direct rapport necessary to retain them.

I'm sure it has a decent amount to do with Foust's departure...which leads to the question of why did he leave? Have not heard anything as to his next move/what were the issues.

Just is so odd on all fronts.