Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Braden Hausen (SF - 2024)

UBinMD

59 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Awesome that he's visiting. I thought he was going to float up the rankings past us.

PS there's a thread on him on the second page

Thanks, I looked at the 1st page, but didn't go any further. Should have dug deeper before I posted.

Just now, UBinMD said:

Thanks, I looked at the 1st page, but didn't go any further. Should have dug deeper before I posted.

Nah, it's not like this is a particularly active set of threads. Thanks for digging up the news!

Would have been nice to get Hausen on campus for a football game, but at least there will be students here. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, DocCas86 said:

Three visits down, one more to Colorado St.  For what it is worth he looks happiest in pics during UB visit (at least if you ask me).   It would be great to get a commit next month.  Fingers crossed.

He’s liked a few UB basketball posts on twitter since his visit as well if that means anything 

12 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

I can’t be the only person feeling very discouraged by the failure to land targets? By all means I know they haven’t played a game but seeing them losing recruiting battles against lesser mid-majors is disheartening. 

It's not great, but not really moving the needle for me yet. Hausen is the only guy that I was actually excited about, but it's hard to have any idea what these kids are at this level with such little coverage of them. We only have a few spots to fill for next year, I think we'll be ok between the portal and recruiting.

8 hours ago, MuchMany said:

It's not great, but not really moving the needle for me yet. Hausen is the only guy that I was actually excited about, but it's hard to have any idea what these kids are at this level with such little coverage of them. We only have a few spots to fill for next year, I think we'll be ok between the portal and recruiting.

I keep telling myself that I will need to be patient.  The fact that Boals and Groce both had sub .500 first years in the MAC and went on to be top MAC coaches, gives me some perspective on the upcoming season. Got to give Halcovage some time.

8 minutes ago, DaBulls99 said:

It’s all about pay for play now. Even small programs have collectives to pay the players. Sucks, but either we step up or we get used to it. Akron is paying multiple guys six figures. 

They should give some to their football program.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2023 at 7:14 AM, DaBulls99 said:

It’s all about pay for play now. Even small programs have collectives to pay the players. Sucks, but either we step up or we get used to it. Akron is paying multiple guys six figures. 

I agree that we should do everything we can within the rules to compete in NIL world.  I was curious where you got information.  All I could find was on3.com top 100 list for basketball.  Lowest amount on the list was $73K and there were no MAC players in top 100.  I am not challenging your numbers, but question driven by curiosity.

• Like 1

Brother-in-law is a donor to the collective at Akron. I’m guessing On3 doesn’t have access to much of any deals with collectives as there is no transparency in that. Nobody has to report anything. All he’d share is there are 2 guys getting > 6 figures. What that means or how much he wouldn’t go into detail. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2023 at 10:36 AM, DaBulls99 said:

Brother-in-law is a donor to the collective at Akron. I’m guessing On3 doesn’t have access to much of any deals with collectives as there is no transparency in that. Nobody has to report anything. All he’d share is there are 2 guys getting > 6 figures. What that means or how much he wouldn’t go into detail. 

I am gonna guess that Kaulig has put money towards this as well.  He was a former Zip QB so the sport connection is  deep. 

As we all know, it is much easier to make an impact in basketball since there are fewer players.  Also, unlike football, Akron basketball isn’t a joke. 

I know the UB Development Division had their best year ever last year, but I don’t think they are as focused on NIL or athletic collectives as they are with other items.  We need some very successful UB alumni who have a lot of money (from business) AND a strong connection with athletics.