Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Opener @CMU - 1/2 - 7PM

Tonight is MAC opener for UB / Halcovage.  Rankings on Kenpom and Bartorvik have CMU ranked slightly better, with CMU favored between 4 and 7 points. However, current spread is only 1.5 points per ESPN.  CMU looks to be without one of their better offensive players 6'10" Markus Harding which may explain the small overall spread.  Both teams have struggled offensively, and turn the ball over often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

I'm not sure we get to call this a "must win" days after losing our last "must win." But it really feels like we need to take one of the directional Michigan games this week just for morale purposes.

I certainly get the sentiment. Per rankings CMU is the second worst MAC team - and UB only gets one shot at them this season - hopefully they get the 'w'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MuchMany said:

I'm not sure we get to call this a "must win" days after losing our last "must win." But it really feels like we need to take one of the directional Michigan games this week just for morale purposes.

Let's call it a "can't lose" then

• Haha 1

Not a huge sample size but so far this season CMU has shot well from three at McGuirk. 42% if my math is right. Could be a problem for us.

10-20 v Detroit Mercy
9-21 v Valparaiso
10-28 v UL Monroe

Go Bulls

5 minutes ago, eyjee said:

Not a huge sample size but so far this season CMU has shot well from three at McGuirk. 42% if my math is right. Could be a problem for us.

10-20 v Detroit Mercy
9-21 v Valparaiso
10-28 v UL Monroe

Go Bulls

If @DocCas86 is correct and they are without a good offensive big man then they could be jacking up lots of 3s tonight. Def something to watch. Defending the perimeter and rebounding will be key in that regard.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

If @DocCas86 is correct and they are without a good offensive big man then they could be jacking up lots of 3s tonight. Def something to watch. Defending the perimeter and rebounding will be key in that regard.

I am always right LOL.

https://www.covers.com/sport/basketball/ncaab/teams/main/central-michigan-chippewas/injuries

You are correct rebounding and defending the 3 could be a factor...but it may be about who turns it over less.

Edited by DocCas86

1 minute ago, DocCas86 said:

I am always right LOL.

https://www.covers.com/sport/basketball/ncaab/teams/main/central-michigan-chippewas/injuries

You are correct rebounding could be a factor...but it may be about who turns it over less.

Haha.

Agree about turnovers. If we want any chance of making it to Cleveland, these are the games we gotta win. Soft landing to start conference as opposed to seeing Ohio vs Toledo. 

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

I am always right LOL.

You are correct rebounding and defending the 3 could be a factor...but it may be about who turns it over less.

They just said on pregame, they expect Harding to play, so I may have been  ....wrong.

Supposedly some personnel news coming from GH after commercial break.

9 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

At the risk of jinxing anything, Chatman is off to a great start. Who are these impostors? 😂

No sooner do I post that, and CMU goes on a 10-2 run.  Too many turnovers by the Bulls are catching up to them now