Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Opener @CMU - 1/2 - 7PM

Nice to watch a game and not want to put a paper bag over my face.

Keep playing your best players and you'll win (some) games. The top 5-6 guys are good enough to win some MAC games. Sy, Isaiah and Jo are men out there, ride them. If the 3 youngsters can hit a few shots and support, they can contend to make it to Cleveland. Do anything beyond that, and you'll see what you saw for the non-league games. Keep it simple!

Cmu is not good. Neither is Wmu. Must be 2-0 after Saturday.Ā 

• Like 1

Congrats to GH3 and staff on their first D1 win - been a crummy few months I'm sure. Happy for the guys too, they seemed to come out with intent and built enough of a lead to hold on.

With my objections to the guard spots noted, I love seeing Sabol get forged in the fire, having to bring the ball up and play point. If he can become ideally a secondary PG with elite 3PT shooting on better future rosters, that's a weapon that we've lacked even going back to the Oats teams.

Jo Smith is the heart and soul of the team.

Chatman is a significant talent at the MAC level. No doubt JW would still be the coach if Sy played last season - he would have been worth 3-4 wins.

Adams needs to find his groove off his injury still. Not sure if he's even 100%, like someone mentioned he looked sluggish. Graham is still a mystery, not really understanding what his game is at this point, but he's got a couple more weeks of grace period from me.

It's still scary that a team in the 300s needed to go ICE COLD from 3 for us to maintain our lead, but this beggar will not be a chooser tonight. Happy with the win and happy to have felt something other than despair watching them. Go Bulls

• Like 4

They could've easily folded down the stretch, but they didn't - encouraging for a young team and a young coach.

The rest of MAC play will definitely be tougher, but maybe they can string together a few wins and salvage the second half of the season.Ā  Nowhere to go but up.Ā  Keep playing hard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, C1ubP1fanaticM7 said:

This win feels good. Glad to no longer be giving the Pistons a run for their money šŸ˜‚

With all the conference realignment going on, if the Pistons can throw together a football team they might get a look at the MAC. Great geographic fit.

PS. I feel very happy for the kids. That's going to be one fun ass bus ride home tonight!Ā 

Edit: I guess they'd fly to this one? Idk

Edited by MuchMany
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

With all the conference realignment going on, if the Pistons can throw together a football team they might get a look at the MAC. Great geographic fit.

PS. I feel very happy for the kids. That's going to be one fun ass bus ride home tonight!Ā 

Edit: I guess they'd fly to this one? Idk

They're not on a bus.

We have said for several games now: how does this look if they made a few more of these outside shots?Ā  An undersized team needs to in order to compete.Ā  6 of 20 from three - but to be fair, 5 of those were Sabol.Ā  Someone hit their three's, and things went a lot better. They shot 50% overall. 20 for 22 from the free throw line.Ā  Those are more like winning numbers. It overcame 18 turnovers on 11 assists, and a lineup where the bench didn't play much. I'm happy to see them win, we'll see if it's something they can learn and build from.

3 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

We have said for several games now: how does this look if they made a few more of these outside shots?Ā  An undersized team needs to in order to compete.Ā  6 of 20 from three - but to be fair, 5 of those were Sabol.Ā  Someone hit their three's, and things went a lot better. They shot 50% overall. 20 for 22 from the free throw line.Ā  Those are more like winning numbers. It overcame 18 turnovers on 11 assists, and a lineup where the bench didn't play much. I'm happy to see them win, we'll see if it's something they can learn and build from.

Great, great, great to get a win. Ā You have to learn how to win. Ā 

Letā€™s keep it going!!

2 hours ago, UB92 said:

Great, great, great to get a win. Ā You have to learn how to win. Ā 

Letā€™s keep it going!!

Just good to see a game where they kept on fighting even when the game got close. Great to see Smith have a good game with not missing a shot or free throw and we really need him to have a positive game on the boards. Interesting to see Bolton Jr play 37 minutes but only taking five shots. If Coach H can get both Bolton and Graham more involved on the offensive end it could help take some pressure off the other players. Looking forward to the womenā€™s game tonight and see how they fair against a good Kent lineup. Go Bulls!!!

Posted (edited)

UB definitely played a very tough out of conference schedule compared to MAC.Ā  Eight out of UB's eleven opponents would be top four in the MAC at this point according to Kenpom.Ā Ā 

image.png.00e7e965963c345c421399838624524e.png

Edited by DocCas86
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:04 AM, yussi1870 said:

UB is first place in the MAC!!!! And they control their own destiny. If they win out they are a 1 seed in the post season and auto birth to the NIT!!!!!!!

Not anymore when the NIT was moved from MSG the NIT changed the rules. The St Bonaventure Bonnies should go at worse to the NIT with 11-3 record the Bonnies are at 70 Ken Pom right now with the good road win over VCU Rams moved them up from 77 to 70Ā in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Go Bonnies! Letā€™s Go BuffaloĀ