Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Opener @CMU - 1/2 - 7PM

Heck yeah, great half. High effort and some coaching strategy to put our best guys in their best spots. I think I said after the second game that Sabol should have a greenlight to shoot every time he touches it. That form ain't no joke!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Heck yeah, great half. High effort and some coaching strategy to put our best guys in their best spots. I think I said after the second game that Sabol should have a greenlight to shoot every time he touches it. That form ain't no joke!

Screenshot_20240102-1943522.thumb.png.0ff5de41059e9895a6d08b00cee446a9.png

• Haha 1

Really nice first half. The ball seems to stick a little too much and turnovers are still horrible, but certainly a lot to like so far. 

The Bulls have three scorers on the roster. Chatman is a tough matchup because of his size and athleticism. Sabol knows the assignment today. Adams is having a a rough night...4 turnovers and just three points, but he can be a dynamic scorer. 

I would be thrilled if they can make this a 20 point win.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluebird96 said:

Ballhandling is a major weakness of this team. Feel like I’ve heard that somewhere before lol

It's just crazy. We only have three guards (ballhandlers) on the roster - two freshmen and one sophomore. 

One of my biggest frustrations with this year's team, and last year's team to an extent. Imagine an Oats coached team not diving for that ball on the ground right in front of Graham there. Chatman just staring at it.

Bring back the hard hat.

The "culture" just hasn't been the same since Nate and Segu graduated.

Edited by eyjee

I’m not a big X’s and O’s guy, but we look like a really disorganized unit out there.  No flow to what we’re trying to do on offense.  Nobody to take care of the ball or slash to the hoop with some kind of control.  Just let them take the ball right away from us after building a 19-pt lead a couple minutes into the 2nd half, and CMU suddenly has all the momentum 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluebird96 said:

I’m not a big X’s and O’s guy, but we look like a really disorganized unit out there.  No flow to what we’re trying to do on offense.  Nobody to take care of the ball or slash to the hoop with some kind of control.  Just let them take the ball right away from us after building a 19-pt lead a couple minutes into the 2nd half, and CMU suddenly has all the momentum 

Disorganized is the word that comes to mind for me, too.

On offense, there's no movement off the ball, no set plays (at least they don't look like it), minimal ball screens.  Whoever has the ball, if the ball is on the floor, looks terrified at any instance of defensive ball pressure.  Everything is just disjointed, the timing is off on entry passes, all of that.

On defense, players just get lost.  And I'm not talking freshman brainfarts, you've got seniors just missing assignments, missing switches.  They look scared and frantic on offense, and confused on defense.

I do think Chatman is playing well.  Guy needs some help on the offensive end though.

• Like 1