Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Zaakir Williamson

Dabulls

13 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I know Quarles and Jenkins last off season would do it. Seems like forever since we have had a recruit signing 

For some reason I’m doubting the coaches ability to recruit. We seem to be failing on grabbing players we need or they straight up lose interest with some of them. Losing Jenkins was tough

9 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

For some reason I’m doubting the coaches ability to recruit. We seem to be failing on grabbing players we need or they straight up lose interest with some of them. Losing Jenkins was tough

I think the way this staff recruits is just different compared to the previous oats and hodgson. They seem to be much more low key and stealth. Really concentrate on a few rather than a lot (at least I hope, optimistic view)

Every time hodgson/oats made an offer it was an event, everyone knew about it. I feel like this staff is still going after and competing for the same quality players just not making as much of a scene with who they are going after

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I think the way this staff recruits is just different compared to the previous oats and hodgson. They seem to be much more low key and stealth. Really concentrate on a few rather than a lot (at least I hope, optimistic view)

Every time hodgson/oats made an offer it was an event, everyone knew about it. I feel like this staff is still going after and competing for the same quality players just not making as much of a scene with who they are going after

Maybe that’s it, Brewtons commitment came out of nowhere it seemed. I’ll always have faith in the staff but it’s a bit more of a guessing game with the new staff

26 minutes ago, clodney said:

Loved this kid's videos. I don't care if he's a little shorter, he can finish around the rim and has the weight on him to body up in the MAC. I think he's gonna be legit. Welcome aboard!!!

He’s the same height as Mballa, should do fine in the MAC

First...welcome to UB!

I watched his video that was posted in this thread.

He looks agile for his weight, which is good.  Likes to finish around the rim...doesn't seem afraid of contact.  Will, obviously, need to get in the gym to be able to run up and down the floor consistently.  

I didn't see any defense in his video, which I would have liked to see. Who knows -- maybe it just wasn't what he put in the video.  However, UB is a pretty good basketball team now (and has been for the last decade) so if you can't play defense, there are other guys who will take your minutes. 

18 minutes ago, UB92 said:

First...welcome to UB!

I watched his video that was posted in this thread.

He looks agile for his weight, which is good.  Likes to finish around the rim...doesn't seem afraid of contact.  Will, obviously, need to get in the gym to be able to run up and down the floor consistently.  

I didn't see any defense in his video, which I would have liked to see. Who knows -- maybe it just wasn't what he put in the video.  However, UB is a pretty good basketball team now (and has been for the last decade) so if you can't play defense, there are other guys who will take your minutes. 

On YouTube he has a tape with him playing some defense, not scared to get physical and uses his strength to keep players out of the paint

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

On YouTube he has a tape with him playing some defense, not scared to get physical and uses his strength to keep players out of the paint

Good.  I am glad to hear this.  Seems like he is a good fit for this conference.

Perk was 6'6" 235 per recruiting sites coming out of high school as well. He seems like a pretty perfect comparison and everything you'd hope Zaakir could become. His offer sheet doesn't wow but always nice to beat out some other top MAC programs and ETSU who seemed to have been recruiting him when Forbes was still HC.

8 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Perk was 6'6" 235 per recruiting sites coming out of high school as well. He seems like a pretty perfect comparison and everything you'd hope Zaakir could become. His offer sheet doesn't wow but always nice to beat out some other top MAC programs and ETSU who seemed to have been recruiting him when Forbes was still HC.

He received pretty high interest from Georgetown and Maryland I’ve heard. Probably wasn’t officially offered due to his size

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...