Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Next Coach Out - Mo Linguist

Bill

2 minutes ago, clodney said:

I would absolutely love to steal their OC since their HC was such a dick to us.

That was pretty ridiculous of him. Probably won’t help in the future either. Could have approached that much differently as a professional. Their offenses seems pretty good at their level. The fact he’s been at the upper level and the big chair is a plus and should flatten the learning curve.

53 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

Seems like in Wilson's case, his desire to leave is more than coaching related.

https://twitter.com/TrevorLWilson/status/1392524583325024261

We did it for the Pattersons, but 3 is a big commitment. Don't begrudge them at all. If they can make it happen, what a cool experience. Certainly would save on travel for the folks 😀 If coach Mo thinks it works and we have the scholarships, would be good to see him back, if not, I hope they find a nice landing spot that really helps each of them succeed.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Reports are that Akron Running Backs coach will be joining UB in that role and as the recruiting coordinator.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-buffalo-linguist-makes-bold-hire-from-mac-rival/

Daniels was a UB before from 2009 through 2011.

Also sources are reporting that Linguist is already  highly respected by SEC head coaches.

Holy cow!  Daniels was at Army for only one month before joining Akron.

If a player enters the portal can the team sign someone else or do they have to wait until the player makes a decision? I ask because with multiple players in the portal we’re gonna need to start filling holes as not everyone is going to stay 

8 minutes ago, UB05 said:

If a player enters the portal can the team sign someone else or do they have to wait until the player makes a decision? I ask because with multiple players in the portal we’re gonna need to start filling holes as not everyone is going to stay 

I believe once they are officially in the portal the team is allowed to offer that scholarship to another player. Whether or not the team is actively trying to re-recruit that player would be the consideration.

Sources: Buffalo is hiring Dallas Baker to be the school’s wide receiver coach. He was most recently coaching WRs at Marshall. Baker is a former first-team All-SEC wide receiver at Florida and was drafted by the Steelers.
per Pete thamel