Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Conference Realignment

1 hour ago, eanil said:

https://twitter.com/ToddoHam/status/1458135288711204866?s=20

Same guy/source that said it was dead and no interest now saying they’re meeting to discuss it today.

Doesn’t seem like there’s any credibility to his source- someone probably with a little knowledge just taking their best guess.

20 year deal? L-O-L

15 minutes ago, UB05 said:

The MAC would be smart to accept them. Who cares about an odd number of teams? In basketball they got rid of divisions anyway. 

What about a plan B with another team.  I think the MAC doesn't need to expand, but if they were inclined to.  WKU was better part of package.

17 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

What does that mean? The MAC is stable because it's full of schools no one wants or will poach, and no other schools want to join.

Precisely. The conference is filled with Status Quo members, some are good at some things, none want to be great at anything. A lot of these teams have been together for decades, yet no real substantial rivalries among them. It feels like a group of buddies in a beer league, except for the fact many teams seem to dislike Buffalo. Maybe the new kid on the block or the threat that we could be considerably better than any of them. I am hopeful we reach that potential and jet.

17 hours ago, Jeseph said:

So we can stop talking about the A10...

Oh great…

Another top team who will regularly be coming into WNY and not playing us.

There goes the chance of scheduling the Ramblers OOC. 

Makes it even harder to win over local basketball fans.  Really need to up the rivalry with St Bona and use that to boost interest. 

5 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Going to have to figure out a way to not get smoked by them this year.

I highly doubt UB gets smoked by Bona this year. 

Even though Michigan lost last night and UNT is not the team they were last year, I was impressed by Buffalo's first two games and expect them to compete in all of their OOC games.

I say this as a Bonaventure fan. Teams that can score in bunches will be a problem for us as we play such a slow tempo. You fall behind late, and it's hard to catch up. We have not looked pretty in our first two games, and like always, we have no depth. Get OO in foul trouble and Bona legit has no scoring options off the pine aside from Pitt transfer, Karim Coulibaly. 

Who knows what'll happen. Does good defense win out over good offense? We will find out soon!