Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

SIU @ #14 UB - (12/15 - 2:00pm ET)

Kevin

5 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

I think he is on for Saturday. This tweet, in my opinion, confirms it. I thought with it being hush-hush he might have done something criminal related (Justin Moss anyone?). I agree it is probably a team rule violation. Either way, tonight would be a good game to follow for SIU vs. Murray State. SIU only being 3 point favorites. 

The bigger question is who do we root for? I think SIU is auto bid anyway and a home win against Murrary State shouldn't change the rankings much. 

I always like playing teams off a loss. 

41 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The bigger question is who do we root for? I think SIU is auto bid anyway and a home win against Murrary State shouldn't change the rankings much. 

I always like playing teams off a loss. 

SIU needs the win.  The Bulls need them to win.

As for the suspension, it is probably a failed drug test. 

3 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Wouldn't that be an NCAA violation, not just a violation of team rules?

No.

It is only an NCAA violation if the NCAA administers the test.

If the test is administered by the school, then it falls under 'team rules.'  Most schools will do some random testing to help curb use so that it doesn't show up when the NCAA tests at championships.  But a failed drug test is typically what has happened when an athlete is out for an unidentified amount of time for violation of team rules since some schools have processes that have to be completed once there is a failed test. 

Source:

What is the penalty for failing a school-administered drug test?

Each NCAA member school is responsible for determining whether to establish an institutional drug-testing program, at which time the school would be responsible for determining applicable penalties. If a testing program is established, though, the school is obligated to enforce the penalties. Failure to do so can lead to NCAA sanctions.

FYI to anyone still trying to buy tickets for Saturday's game, only individual tickets available are general admission (sections 117-121) and 300 level seats. I was told season tickets have taken up sections 111-116, which sounds like a promising turnout for Saturday's game.

Somehow I managed to snag 2 tickets off stubhub behind the UB bench in 115 for 60 dollars.

I’m watching the espn + broadcast of the SIU Murray state game and they said Fletcher was dressed and warmed up with the team but is not playing. He is in uniform watching from the bench.

That would lead one to believe whatever team rule he broke isn’t enough to have him suspended for much longer. Seems like he may play Saturday. 

Also we want SIU to win this game.

9 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’m watching the espn + broadcast of the SIU Murray state game and they said Fletcher was dressed and warmed up with the team but is not playing. He is in uniform watching from the bench.

That would lead one to believe whatever team rule he broke isn’t enough to have him suspended for much longer. Seems like he may play Saturday. 

Also we want SIU to win this game.

This is a good post. turning this on now.

2 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

If we don’t shoot like garbage again this is feeling like a good tune-up game...

Unless this was a trap game for SIU. 🤣

Perk should eat, coming off his bad game, as they look uninterested in the paint.

IDK if this was previously discussed ESPN+ has a "when each undefeated team will lose post" They say we beat Cuse lose to Marquette. I'd take it.

15 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Wow, Ja Morant 15 points 9 assists in the first half. That guy might be one of the best guards in the nation. What a talent.

Scouts are in attendance. The buzz is he could be a lottery pick.  Would love to see him match up against our pitbulls.

Also...we should stomp this team at home. 

13 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Scouts are in attendance. The buzz is he could be a lottery pick.  Would love to see him match up against our pitbulls.

He should be a lotto pick at some point, the guy can really do it all. Score and pass. Not only is he really good on offense but he is a dog on defense, really solid defender and rebounder. 

57 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

IDK if this was previously discussed ESPN+ has a "when each undefeated team will lose post" They say we beat Cuse lose to Marquette. I'd take it. 

If their list plays out, it would mean remaining undefeated for 30 minutes longer than Furman.  Love those 5:30, (edit: that's 8:30 for you east coasters...) start times...

Edited by 121Merrimac
time zone correction

On 12/11/2018 at 11:59 AM, mikescherrer8 said:

Rome wasn't built in one day. Relax. 

Do agree. The general buzz is upbeat and definitely more fans and the general public are showing more interest. Hope we see good attendance from the students.Is the whole student population leaving and going home for the holidays?? Hope the word is out for students to show up for the game. The Bucky and Sully show is talking about UB on a daily basis and will be talking to CJ on tomorrow’s show. I don’t listen to WGR55 much any more because they are just Bills and Sabres but has anyone heard anything from this station that they mention UB? I think they talk more about Syracuse!!Go Bulls!!!!